I think there's more to work with on the OL than others | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I think there's more to work with on the OL than others

E.Cruz is the only known set starter. Reed is the first true center we had in a while but could be a portal addition. Ellis got a lot of playing time but last year but weight is an issue. Petry and Bradford I do not see as answers. Wolhenbaugh could slide in at tackle if he’s healthy. Mack and Bass have size but couple years of more development.

I thought E Cruz had a pretty consistently bad year. I’d say every job is open.

Unpopular opinion but Beck and the offensive staff were pretty damn overrated. We had a lot of pieces but no ability to develop, evaluate talent and instill discipline. Our head coach was bad at what we brought him here for too. There’s certainly pieces.

Why do you think we have so much difficulty getting higher rated OL from the portal? I know we have not put a lot in the nfl but Berg. I see some teams getting multiple guys.

Why do you think we have so much difficulty getting higher rated OL from the portal? I know we have not put a lot in the nfl but Berg. I see some teams getting multiple guys.
Are you talking about Dino’s staff or Fran?

Are you talking about Dino’s staff or Fran?
A couple of thoughts on the OL, somevofvthe problems might be corrected. New people with nutrition, making sure players eat right. Also new S&C people coming in . Fran stating more lifting, making players more competitive.

Unpopular opinion but Beck and the offensive staff were pretty damn overrated. We had a lot of pieces but no ability to develop, evaluate talent and instill discipline. Our head coach was bad at what we brought him here for too. There’s certainly pieces.
I'll just say that Beck sure gets a lot of credit on the board for a guy whose QB room was apparently 1 deep who had the ability to throw a forward pass

I'll just say that Beck sure gets a lot of credit on the board for a guy whose QB room was apparently 1 deep who had the ability to throw a forward pass
Everyone seems to forget SU lost a fantastic prospect in Sellers that flipped on signing day. They then lost Lamson in the spring. Thats two at least adequate players that would have played so that they could have run a normal offense and won a few more games. Beck was a first year coordinator, I thought he was really good

Everyone seems to forget SU lost a fantastic prospect in Sellers that flipped on signing day. They then lost Lamson in the spring. Thats two at least adequate players that would have played so that they could have run a normal offense and won a few more games. Beck was a first year coordinator, I thought he was really good
TBD on Sellers but not Lamson. Stanford just used him as a running QB this year when he couldn't pass. He passed 38-88 for 504 yards and ran 120 times for 334 yards.

you all saw the sacks.the fumbles . the int's. and LQAJ being gobbled up behind the line for negative yds. an "intentional grounding" after getting clobbered in the pocket. the O=LINE is a mess. enuf said.

Last edited:
With what line in front of them?

TBD on Sellers but not Lamson. Stanford just used him as a running QB this year when he couldn't pass. He passed 38-88 for 504 yards and ran 120 times for 334 yards.

Like our QB.
But even more passing.

So Pitt, BC, Ga Tech and Wake couldn’t figure this out and adjust? I don’t believe that. Or maybe USF is that much better than all those teams which I don’t really believe either.
Wake at least had to contend with Shrader.

SF didn’t have to worry about what Shrader brings to the table.

And that made it much easier to defend the Orange.

Part of being a good QB coach is closing on the guys you are recruiting and having a good enough feel for the situation if you think you won’t close on them. When Sellers bailed we were clearly left with nothing because the response was Braden Davis after Sellers beat him out lol. That’s on Beck.

I think Beck is a good developer but he’s been given this walk on water quality when it comes to recruiting QB’s by this board and yeah I don’t see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom