I think this years offense has the potential to be vastly improved | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I think this years offense has the potential to be vastly improved

True but we also played with no wide receivers all of last season. Just a few guys lined up out on the numbers wearing Cuse jerseys.

I definitely have us winning. I just stated that Maryland should be better this year

No doubt in my mind the offense will be substantially better and a lot more fun to watch. To me, it seems we are phasing out the TEs and going with bigger hybrid types to replace them (think Encoiy, Custis, maybe even Broyld). That means we will see a lot of 4 WR sets IMO this year and a lot more shotgun.

QB- Hunt will be good. I'm thinking like 25 TDs (both running and throwing), 10 INTs.
RB- No need for worry, we have 4 good college running backs. All compliment one another
WR- Much more athletic. We will be better, whether it will be good enough will be interesting to see.
TE- Not great, but how much will they be used?
OL- Very good OL, comparable to 2012 team, when we dominated teams up front.

I think the season breaks down like this:
Must Wins: Nova, CMU, NCSU, Duke, Wake
2 out of 3: Pitt/BC/Terps
Split: UofL/ND
Losses: Clemson/FSU

I honestly think we have a very good chance of going 8-4. My only hold-up is that Pitt and BC are on the road and Maryland will be better this year. Maybe 1 out of those 3 is more realistic. As of right now, I see 8-4/7-5.

Watch out for Duke.

Rocco said:
True but we also played with no wide receivers all of last season. Just a few guys lined up out on the numbers wearing Cuse jerseys.

And no QB for most of the year.

And no QB for most of the year.

For someone who doesn't like bashing student-athletes, you sure as heck go out of your way to bash certain ones.

SUFan44 said:
For someone who doesn't like bashing student-athletes, you sure as heck go out of your way to bash certain ones.

Not bashing him just reminding people who think it was just the WRs that it wasn't. The QBs had just as much trouble as the WRs.

Did you comment on the post I just replied to? Didn't think so. Maybe you should go stalk someone else or troll another site.

Not bashing him just reminding people who think it was just the WRs that it wasn't. The QBs had just as much trouble as the WRs.

Did you comment on the post I just replied to? Didn't think so. Maybe you should go stalk someone else or troll another site.

I'm not stalking anyone. Just calling it like I see it. And when I don't agree with someone, as is the case most often with you, I point things out.

Saying we had no QB for most of the year is absolutely bashing Hunt. Unnecessarily, I might add.

Meanwhile, people bash Cooney and you tell everyone to not bash the players. In my view, that's playing both sides of the fence.

I'm not stalking anyone. Just calling it like I see it. And when I don't agree with someone, as is the case most often with you, I point things out.

Saying we had no QB for most of the year is absolutely bashing Hunt. Unnecessarily, I might add.

Meanwhile, people bash Cooney and you tell everyone to not bash the players. In my view, that's playing both sides of the fence.

Thanks for the softball. First I didn't mention Hunt, you did. I meant Allen and Hunt and it was more a defense of the WR's as I have said many times it takes two to tangle.

Second, if you equate 99 threads with 99 posts in each (yes, I embellished for you) about Cooney as the same, that's on you.

Third, why didn't you post your disagreement with the post I responded to? Oh yea, that wasn't made by me or you agree with it even though it was much more strongly worded. You're a stalker.

Thanks for the softball. First I didn't mention Hunt, you did. I meant Allen and Hunt and it was more a defense of the WR's as I have said many times it takes two to tangle.

Second, if you equate 99 threads with 99 posts in each (yes, I embellished for you) about Cooney as the same, that's on you.

Third, why didn't you post your disagreement with the post I responded to? Oh yea, that wasn't made by me or you agree with it even though it was much more strongly worded. You're a stalker.

No sense arguing with "administration".

Omari Palmer could be the key to the offense. I think Hunt will have a very good year this year. Our RB's are good and our WR's will be much improved. I don't think everyone realizes how limited we were at WR for most of the year. Other than West and Clark (who weren't healthy most of the year), basically everyone else was inexperienced (Estime, Cornelius) or playing the position for the 1st time (Broyld). I also think Parris is underrated at TE-I watched last year's SU-BC game again last night on Youtube (we won again, in case anyone was wondering) and Parris showed excellent hands throughout the game. The one question mark is the 5th OL, which sounds like Palmer or Knapp.

Omari Palmer could be the key to the offense. I think Hunt will have a very good year this year. Our RB's are good and our WR's will be much improved. I don't think everyone realizes how limited we were at WR for most of the year. Other than West and Clark (who weren't healthy most of the year), basically everyone else was inexperienced (Estime, Cornelius) or playing the position for the 1st time (Broyld). I also think Parris is underrated at TE-I watched last year's SU-BC game again last night on Youtube (we won again, in case anyone was wondering) and Parris showed excellent hands throughout the game. The one question mark is the 5th OL, which sounds like Palmer or Knapp.

The key to every offense is the offensive line. We have capable linemen and capable depth. If the OL holds true with Hickey, Trudo, Robinson, and Lasker at the other tackle (Foy is out at the moment). We have Knapp, Palmer, Emerich, Miller, McGloster,Burton, Hayes and the freshman. We are in good shape with the OL, especially if Foy makes it back for the season.

The key to every offense is the offensive line. We have capable linemen and capable depth. If the OL holds true with Hickey, Trudo, Robinson, and Lasker at the other tackle (Foy is out at the moment). We have Knapp, Palmer, Emerich, Miller, McGloster,Burton, Hayes and the freshman. We are in good shape with the OL, especially if Foy makes it back for the season.

Hope you're right. I just have memories of Palmer getting pancaked on an extra point that was blocked and hope that wasn't indicative of the norm.

Watch out for Duke.

Duke lost some and will not be as good. Got to win at home. But you're probably right, too optimistic to claim that a win already. Maybe switch BC and Duke on the 2 out of 3 category.

Based on the interview with MacDonald i expect to see AAM more often than not this year would love to see him have a great year as he was truly a special talent in Denver

There had to be something behind him not playing before because imo he had a better read of the o-line than Smith did. I just wish they didn't waste a year of eligibility for a couple of plays last year.