I think we beat ND | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I think we beat ND

I don't think we will win many games but I've seen them a few times...they aren't good. I think we get one in the W column.

I’d reasonably say it’s closer to 50/50 than most would believe. ND is a much better matchup than our previous three games because they play so slowly. If SU gets to capable-ish on offense, it’s very easy to see this game as a close grind. Not at all out of the question to see ND hit 15 threes, though, with what we’ve seen lately. I’d like to see Taylor eat Bell’s minutes tomorrow, as I think he’s a more capable defender and is starting to get a feel for the pace. None of the ND guards are the most impressive defenders either, so good opportunity to bounce back for both Girard and Mintz.

Looking at the schedule, we have the chance to go on a nice little run. Snatch a W at ND, who got smoked by the Bonnies and barely beat Radford and Lipscomb. Then we'll be favored in the next 7 games.

I sniff a nice 8 game win streak followed by headlines like "Just when you think he's done, Boeheim comes back" and "Syracuse has always been most dangerous when you count them out."

Then we'll be lucky to get 5Ws the rest of the season.

There will also be some sort of injury or off the court issue during that time that will be blamed for the season ending skid so we can run the same squad back next year.

I’d reasonably say it’s closer to 50/50 than most would believe. ND is a much better matchup than our previous three games because they play so slowly. If SU gets to capable-ish on offense, it’s very easy to see this game as a close grind. Not at all out of the question to see ND hit 15 threes, though, with what we’ve seen lately. I’d like to see Taylor eat Bell’s minutes tomorrow, as I think he’s a more capable defender and is starting to get a feel for the pace. None of the ND guards are the most impressive defenders either, so good opportunity to bounce back for both Girard and Mintz.
It’ll be close, then they hit like 5 straight threes from the same spot and that’s that.

Their narrow wins over Radford, Youngstown St and Lipscomb aren't impressing me. Sorry. Caught MSU at the right time and played well. Good for them. We aren't good but neither are they.
But losses to Colgate and Bryant are impressing you? I'm struggling with the logic here

There will also be some sort of injury or off the court issue during that time that will be blamed for the season ending skid so we can run the same squad back next year.
Assuming everyone comes back for a second go round.

But losses to Colgate and Bryant are impressing you? I'm struggling with the logic here
I said we aren't good, and never mentioned being impressed by us. I think we will beat them because they aren't good either. I'm struggling with your struggle. You think we will lose? Cool. Don't sell me they are trotting out Adian Dantley and Kelly Tripucka.

They are better at both forward and guard spots and Wertz is better than anyone coming off our bench. They play smart and poised and we are wild and undisciplined. If anyone thinks this is going to be anything but a blowout, they haven’t watched this team much. This is Colgate with better players and athletes.

They don’t have a very deep bench it seems. But damn, it’s hard to imagine us winning unless they are cold from 3.

Jessie should be able to dominate depending on his foul situation. Joe has been good vs ND but he’s simply unreliable right now.

ND will score, how do we put up 70? Will take a big game from 2 of Joe/Jesse/Judah

They don’t have a very deep bench it seems. But damn, it’s hard to imagine us winning unless they are cold from 3.

Jessie should be able to dominate depending on his foul situation. Joe has been good vs ND but he’s simply unreliable right now.

ND will score, how do we put up 70? Will take a big game from 2 of Joe/Jesse/Judah

If we don't play mtm, even though it hasn't been great they will drop 16 plus 3s and blow us out.

It’s usually a good game when we play them.

I think 4 guards and a versatile center is a good way to roll against us though. I’d prefer us against a UNC team that has size but is overrated.

I think that is as accurate as it gets. ND has nothing to combat Jesse. Athleticism vs smart team ball execution. Drive to the basket at your peril ND, Jesse will greet you accordinly. Stop the kick out three shot and e win.

They are better at both forward and guard spots and Wertz is better than anyone coming off our bench. They play smart and poised and we are wild and undisciplined. If anyone thinks this is going to be anything but a blowout, they haven’t watched this team much. This is Colgate with better players and athletes.

Colgate moves the ball better, are probably a smidge better from range, and are willing to mix it up down low. Notre Dame is better defensively, but I think you’re giving them way too much credit. They play smart but slow, and have absolutely nobody to go to inside. Play up on top, sag one to the free throw line, and let Edwards and Mounir play clean up on a very small ND team.

Vegas thinks it will be anything but a blowout, but what do they know

I think that it's more than likely SU loses by 20 than we keep it within even 5.

Historically our shooters tend to go off on ND. GMAC annually killed them. Andy too. And if Trevor only played ND, he’d be all world.

I expect Joe will have a better game. The issue will be if NDs shooters do the same.

If we can keep it within 5 at halftime, then I think that will be a big win. The wheels will fall off in the second half and I don't see this game being within 10-15.

If we can keep it within 5 at halftime, then I think that will be a big win. The wheels will fall off in the second half and I don't see this game being within 10-15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom