I think we beat ND | Syracusefan.com

I think we beat ND

I don't think we will win many games but I've seen them a few times...they aren't good. I think we get one in the W column.
i-dont-see-ho6krg.jpg

Notre Dame fan perspective (probably): If we lose to Syracuse, we should self-impose the death penalty on the basketball program and burn down the arena

It wouldn’t shock me if we did, we seem to play well after having a dumpster fire of a game

Who knows?

I can’t imagine Girard is going to keep scoring 0 points every game? Maybe he shoots it well?

I can’t imagine Judah is going to get tossed or go 3-16 again? Maybe he plays well?

Maybe Jesse keeps up his incredible rebounding, manages to not get in foul trouble, and has a good offensive game where he doesn’t leave any points on the floor?

Maybe Taylor or Bell gets hot again?

I think if our guards both play good, a freshman has a solid game and Jesse stays out of foul trouble and has a big game then we might win.

Jesse should easily have a 20 pts, 15 rebounds, and 5 block game. Provided no foul trouble. If the two guards strategically pass him the ball Instead of the off balance drives, off balance outside shots, and making the extra pass then we can take this down to the wire with ND. Jesse will get his normal buckets crashing the boards, perhaps more than normal this game. Couple with ND having to hit 3’s - if they do not we win.

I don't think we will win many games but I've seen them a few times...they aren't good. I think we get one in the W column.

Hope you're right.

But they are highly experienced and other than Starling, a team of grad students. Physically mature. Going to be tough to beat them on the road.

Tough matchup. One of the most experienced teams in the country with 6 grad students in the rotation and multiple exceptional 3 point shooters on their floor in a tough arena.

For real Clark? If you’ve watched ND and determined they are “not good” what do you see when you watch us? By any measure we are bad, maybe really bad. This game will prove out how long the ACC season will be

I was tempted to make the drive to South Bend, but won't. Last time I went was in 2012. We were #1, but Fab was just suspended. ND fans are the worst. A LOT of angry old white people (shocker). I vividly remember one lady behind me scream "Go back to NY you thugs!" Not because of anything we did, but you know why. Not a great day.

They’re 6-1 and just destroyed a pretty good Michigan State team at home. I wouldn’t say they aren’t that good. Solid team led by several veterans.

Provided no foul trouble. If the two guards strategically pass him the ball Instead of the off balance drives, off balance outside shots, and making the extra pass
Yeah, that's a completely different offense that what SU runs. What's next? M2M to keep random guy from lighting us up from 3?

Last edited:
I have seen crazier things happen like losing at home to Colgate and Bryant so anything is possible no matter how crazy it sounds.

For real Clark? If you’ve watched ND and determined they are “not good” what do you see when you watch us? By any measure we are bad, maybe really bad. This game will prove out how long the ACC season will be
Their narrow wins over Radford, Youngstown St and Lipscomb aren't impressing me. Sorry. Caught MSU at the right time and played well. Good for them. We aren't good but neither are they.

I am pretty sure this game will be over by half time. Just not a good matchup for our young and flawed team.

Who knows?

I can’t imagine Girard is going to keep scoring 0 points every game? Maybe he shoots it well?

I can’t imagine Judah is going to get tossed or go 3-16 again? Maybe he plays well?

Maybe Jesse keeps up his incredible rebounding, manages to not get in foul trouble, and has a good offensive game where he doesn’t leave any points on the floor?

Maybe Taylor or Bell gets hot again?

I think if our guards both play good, a freshman has a solid game and Jesse stays out of foul trouble and has a big game then we might win.
IF-IF-IF-IF-IF-IF
Think I counted 6.
Like your long Wish List -hope it can happen!

Two thoughts......First, I think back to the days when we had comedy on LP vinyl and I remember a piece by Bob Newhart. He said something like..."if you put enough monkeys in a room with typewriters, sooner of later one of them will type the Gettysburg Address"! Kind of my thoughts along how well we are playing going up against ND. But the my second thought takes over and I agree with OP. We are going to beat ND tomorrow.
Lets Go Orange!!

I'm okay with a loss just as long as Starling doesn't tremendously shine. It's hard enough seeing Filipowski be the best player on that Duke team full of studs.

I don't care about losing players to Duke. They are an NBA machine and have active players with over a billion in career earnings in the NBA, including like a quarter billion in this year's salary. No way we can match that. It's comparing apples and Lamborghinis. In terms of this year's salary total, we're like 8% of what Duke is.

Losing someone to ND is tough, though. Agree there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom