i think we beat virginia | Syracusefan.com

i think we beat virginia

I know for certain that based on nothing more than probabilities, we will win at least one game that should be considered an automatic loss. Just like we absolutely should have wins against Wake, GT, and ND - we will get a win against somebody unexpected. I see no reason that wouldn't be UVa at the dome.

We struggled to score 50 vs. a very bad Georgia Tech team. A win vs. UVA would be incredible and potentially season-saving, but the o/u in the 1st half might be 17.5

not really based on anything other than a feeling. virginia aint going 18-0 in acc, and i think our crowd will be really good and the guys will respond with a great effort.
I saw that thread title and was like "wait am I on the lacrosse board right now".

CMfpZ5x.gif

I know for certain that based on nothing more than probabilities, we will win at least one game that should be considered an automatic loss. Just like we absolutely should have wins against Wake, GT, and ND - we will get a win against somebody unexpected. I see no reason that wouldn't be UVa at the dome.

We've had decent success against them recently, it's going to be a low possession game. We knock down a few extra shots, every chance at pulling the upset. Or, we could not break 40 points.

They are due for a loss not sure we are capable of beating them.

They are due for a loss not sure we are capable of beating them.
Of course we're capable of beating them. Actually, I'm expecting to see it.

As Donald Sutherland said in the movie "Kelly's Heroes" when advised his Sherman Tank would be confronting three German Tigers when Clint Eastwood and Telly Savales gave him all kinds of reasons for taking on the bigger tanks - "So many positive waves, OK you're on".

A lot of positive waves in this thread as well. I was of the same opinion until the debacle last night and the latest injury reports. WE ARE DUE for a good performance so I will try to be optimistic.

As Donald Sutherland said in the movie "Kelly's Heroes" when advised his Sherman Tank would be confronting three German Tigers when Clint Eastwood and Telly Savales gave him all kinds of reasons for taking on the bigger tanks - "So many positive waves, OK you're on".

A lot of positive waves in this thread as well. I was of the same opinion until the debacle last night and the latest injury reports. WE ARE DUE for a good performance so I will try to be optimistic.
You get a like for quoting that great movie. Well done.

We essentially lost time because we gave Guy 2 or 3 open corner 3s and didn't account for DeAndre Hunter. Do a better job of those things, and we can absolutely win. The good thing about playing UVA is you know they'll score about 55-60pts. The bad part about playing UVA is it is very unlikely we score 55-60pts

I also think we win. Our offense is the dribble drive, and we struggled against GT because they have excellent interior defenders. As good as Virginia is defensively, they don’t have any players like Lammers and we should be able to get to the basket with more success against them.

We have to make at least 6 threes though. I think we can do that at home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom