i think we get in | Syracusefan.com

i think we get in

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
just a gut feeling. i feel like when we're on the bubble it always comes down to our non conference schedule. in '07 we lost to a couple of "cupcakes" and i doubt our sos was very good, hence the snub. in 2016 we had some very good non confererence wins and got in. last year we were god awful in non conference qnd could never recover despite a 10-8 acc record. this year our non conference sos is good and other than the st bonnies loss we played well. i think we end up in dayton, but wont go nuts if we miss out, we needed that 9th acc win.

The skunk under my porch always disappears this time of year.

"Other than St Bonnies" is far from a throw away line either. RPI 22. Would have been another Quad 1 win. That dame late phantom charge call.
So why is the Bona loss considered a "bad" loss other than it was at home? Bonnies is 24-6, 2nd place in the A10 with an RPI of 22, SOS of 84. Sure they are not Kansas or ACC but sounds like decent team to lose to. And if SU had won it would have increased SU stock.

So why is the Bona loss considered a "bad" loss other than it was at home? Bonnies is 24-6, 2nd place in the A10 with an RPI of 22, SOS of 84. Sure they are not Kansas or ACC but sounds like decent team to lose to. And if SU had won it would have increased SU stock.

Bad loss= any loss of a big name team to a small name team .. completely lazy analysis ... and completely expected from regurgitant talking heads

I keep telling myself we won't make it, but then I look at the numbers and think how can we not make it? We don't have a win like Duke last year, but our best wins are just as good/better than beating Virginia/Florida State last year. And we're way better with our bad losses this year while playing a tough schedule this year.

Pssssssss. The air quickly leaking out of that bubble. Vermont lost. If either St Joe's or Davidson win todsy, another at large could go. Also #1 seed in MECA lost.

Vermont has nothing to do with the bubble nothing

Yep the only bid steal out there is the A10, if Davidson wins today. They lose to the Bonnies then we know the Nevada loss last night was the last bid steal. Basically a couple of slots open for bubble teams like us

Its going to take a miracle for davidson to lose now

just a gut feeling. i feel like when we're on the bubble it always comes down to our non conference schedule. in '07 we lost to a couple of "cupcakes" and i doubt our sos was very good, hence the snub. in 2016 we had some very good non confererence wins and got in. last year we were god awful in non conference qnd could never recover despite a 10-8 acc record. this year our non conference sos is good and other than the st bonnies loss we played well. i think we end up in dayton, but wont go nuts if we miss out, we needed that 9th acc win.
Other than 2016, when have we made it in as a bubble team?

I don’t see it. We’re not even listed as one of the first 8 out.

Bracket matrix finally has us up from the 4th team out to 2nd team out, with some questionable teams in front of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom