I think we're a 4 seed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I think we're a 4 seed

Have you taken a look at our resume?
resume aside, the collapse at the end of the season is the biggest thing that is going to stick out. we are not the same team we were 6 games ago, and it would be fair to seed us accordingly, which is around the 4 line. if it wasn't for our resume, we are really playing like a 10-12 seed right now

resume aside, the collapse at the end of the season is the biggest thing that is going to stick out. we are not the same team we were 6 games ago, and it would be fair to seed us accordingly, which is around the 4 line. if it wasn't for our resume, we are really playing like a 10-12 seed right now
That's not how it (the seeding method/criteria) works, though.

Hmm, why don't you enlighten us with those odds!
There is no conceivable path for us to get a two seed right now. None.

Teams that will be seeded ahead of us (in no particular order).

1) UF
2) Arizona
3) WSU
4) UVa
5) Nova
6) Michigan
7) Wisconsin
8) Iowa St
9) Duke
10) Kansas
11) Lville

That fills all but one 3 seed. How can we jump 3 or 4 teams (many of which are still playing and improving their resume) to get to a 2 seed? We can start splitting hairs between us and teams like SDSU, Creighton, Cinci, and even Michigan State. We are solidly on the 4 line right now but could slip to the 5 if they need to move some teams around. It's much easier to drop us to a 5 seed than move us up to a 2.

We're a lot closer to 17 (a 5 seed) on the S-curve than we are to 8 (a 2 seed). I think we're 13-15 on the S-curve right now - solid 4 seed but you never know how it will fall out.

Have you taken a look at our resume?
Yes. I've also seen our team play over the past month. If you don't think our losing record over the past month combined with all of our close wins before that will come into play with the selection committee, then you are just setting yourself up for disappointment when the brackets come out.

OrlandoCuse said:
There is no conceivable path for us to get a two seed right now. None. Teams that will be seeded ahead of us (in no particular order). 1) UF 2) Arizona 3) WSU 4) UVa 5) Nova 6) Michigan 7) Wisconsin 8) Iowa St 9) Duke 10) Kansas 11) Lville That fills all but one 3 seed. How can we jump 3 or 4 teams (many of which are still playing and improving their resume) to get to a 2 seed? We can start splitting hairs between us and teams like SDSU, Creighton, Cinci, and even Michigan State. We are solidly on the 4 line right now but could slip to the 5 if they need to move some teams around. It's much easier to drop us to a 5 seed than move us up to a 2. We're a lot closer to 17 (a 5 seed) on the S-curve than we are to 8 (a 2 seed). I think we're 13-15 on the S-curve right now - solid 4 seed but you never know how it will fall out.[/QUOTE
We will end up 12 or 13 on the s curve. Same exact position as last season. Borderline 3 seed or 4 seed. Its a flip of the coin at this point.

That's not how it (the seeding method/criteria) works, though.
i'm a syracuse homer like the rest of us, and i'm not just jumping ship, but do you really think we are playing anywhere close to a 3 seed right now? we are like cincinnati in 2000, just with something other than a major injury hampering our play. in retrospect, no one would have given cincy a 1 seed.

i'm a syracuse homer like the rest of us, and i'm not just jumping ship, but do you really think we are playing anywhere close to a 3 seed right now? we are like cincinnati in 2000, just with something other than a major injury hampering our play. in retrospect, no one would have given cincy a 1 seed.
I'm not even speaking as an SU fan. Simply, the committee's criteria for seeding is such that the entire season is regarded equally - all games, all wins, all losses.

I don't think we are playing like a 3 seed currently. But we are a 3 seed as of now (with a chance to fall to 4) because it is based on everything you have done.

I'm not even speaking as an SU fan. Simply, the committee's criteria for seeding is such that the entire season is regarded equally - all games, all wins, all losses.
You act like the committee has a strict set of rules that they have to follow. They have a bunch of guidelines and discussions. Very few rules beyond the number of teams allowed in the tourney and those that receive automatic bids.

Wouldn't mind being a 4 seed all that much as long as we get buffalo. I don't think our team has played their way out of buffalo even with another loss on top of this one.

You act like the committee has a strict set of rules that they have to follow. They have a bunch of guidelines and discussions. Very few rules beyond the number of teams allowed in the tourney and those that receive automatic bids.
You act like the tournament committee does things like it's still 2004.

Unfortunately it seems like we are a sweet 16 team at best right now

Seeds are overrated. All about how you matchup with the team you're playing. There are 10 seeds that are worse match ups for us than 7 seeds and so on. Nothing we can control at this point so why bother.

There is no conceivable path for us to get a two seed right now. None.

Teams that will be seeded ahead of us (in no particular order).

1) UF
2) Arizona
3) WSU
4) UVa
5) Nova
6) Michigan
7) Wisconsin
8) Iowa St
9) Duke
10) Kansas
11) Lville

That fills all but one 3 seed. How can we jump 3 or 4 teams (many of which are still playing and improving their resume) to get to a 2 seed? We can start splitting hairs between us and teams like SDSU, Creighton, Cinci, and even Michigan State. We are solidly on the 4 line right now but could slip to the 5 if they need to move some teams around. It's much easier to drop us to a 5 seed than move us up to a 2.

We're a lot closer to 17 (a 5 seed) on the S-curve than we are to 8 (a 2 seed). I think we're 13-15 on the S-curve right now - solid 4 seed but you never know how it will fall out.

Louisville isn't clearly ahead of us. If they beat UConn tonight it is a tossup between us but if they lose we will be ahead of them

I don't think we are playing like a 3 seed currently. But we are a 3 seed as of now (with a chance to fall to 4) because it is based on everything you have done.
I think you think our resume is better than it actually is.
Louisville isn't clearly ahead of us. If they beat UConn tonight it is a tossup between us but if they lose we will be ahead of them
SMH. Oh Lord

I think there is a good amount of what have you done lately in the selection process which will hurt our seed. It doesn't really matter where we get seeded if we keep playing the way we have lately.

if Michigan state wins tomorrow I think we will be a 4 seed if not we get last 3 slot on my s curve with Creighton already being bumped to a 4 with Louisville likely to win. Creighton getting hurt by Nova's early loss in bet with no wins to help its resume

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom