I think you gotta give this guy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I think you gotta give this guy

Is the bar set so low that the coach can lead his team to back to back 3-9 season but hey as long as the team tried really hard in a couple of games that is all we can really ask for.

To me this game proved to me that there is enough talent on this team that we should be beating out peer schools and it is the coaches holding this team back. This type of effort should be given every game not just against top ranked teams at home. That's all coaching.
This is what I keep seeing from those in support of more Shafer: records be damned, the kids play hard!

The team played great today, but does nothing in changing my thinking that Shafer is done the day after the season. If anything this shows we have the talent to compete with the top teams, but the coaching had held us back. A game like this could also make the SU job more attractive for prospective coaches.

The thing is...is...that we play close, but lose, to the best teams. Yet we still lose, or get blown out, by sub par teams. That's the issue.
What sub par team blew us out this year. Ville is a good team. Usf we played bad and still had a chance to win till a stupid penalty

This was a good job by the players. Coaching was good but this was GRob at ND.
We have lost 7 games in a row.
I am not going to bury SS now we played well let him enjoy it. We are getting a new staff or the attendance next year is going to be brutal. I think SS is a good man but he is not a HC.

he's 13-24. and that's not acceptable. blame injuries or blame whatever. it is what it is. one more year . 7 wins or adios,

I am not going to bury SS now we played well let him enjoy it. We are getting a new staff or the attendance next year is going to be brutal. I think SS is a good man but he is not a HC.
Coyle and Severud are both smart guys and aren't going to be swayed by bad attendance. They aren't gross and cantor that would do anything to sell a ticket. If coyle finds someone that is clearly a better choice he will make a move of not shafer is back next year. My guess is shafer gets a short leash. If he has a good record next year midway the decision will be made to move on or extend him.

I actually come away from this game thinking the opposite. Greggers even beat some ranked teams, Shafer still has not. These are great moral victories but don't change the overall record against our peer schools.

Grob won 5 games over his 4 year tenure. Shaf has won 13 over 3 years(with 2 games remaining)...We shouldnt even be comparing Shaf to Grob. Grob ranks as one of the worst college football head coaches ever.

Coyle and Severud are both smart guys and aren't going to be swayed by bad attendance. They aren't gross and cantor that would do anything to sell a ticket. If coyle finds someone that is clearly a better choice he will make a move of not shafer is back next year. My guess is shafer gets a short leash. If he has a good record next year midway the decision will be made to move on or extend him.
You can't keep him without extending him. He can't recruit as a lameduck. If we give an extension and more money the school is really not as smart as I thought.
SS is 13-22 he isn't going to get to .500 for a long time just make the move and hire the guy.

Grob won 5 games over his 4 year tenure. Shaf has won 13 over 3 years(with 2 games remaining)...We shouldnt even be comparing Shaf to Grob. Grob ranks as one of the worst college football head coaches ever.
No. GRob won 4 in one year alone.
Redo your math.

Greg Robinson was 10-37 I don't care if the NCAA says 5 wins.
SS isn't Gerg but he isn't much better.

We are a private school that doesn't release contract terms. Su doesn't have to extend him after the season coyle comes out and gives him a vote of confidence for next year and everyone will assume he's extended.

He doesn't "gotta" do anything.

Coyle has complete freedom of movement, he can reasonably justify doing anything.

He can let him go just to do it,

He can see who he's likely to get and if it's a clear upgrade he can make a change,

He can force some staff changes as a condition for an extension,

He could keep him on with no change.

In terms of $$, attendance means squat.

Haven't seen a more polarizing team since that 2011 team that beats WVU in the Dome and then loses its last 5 in a row. Shafer is playing with our heartstrings. We bring that performance to Clemson last year and we leave with a win.

I think you've got to wait a week before making posts like this.

We were still outgained by 250 yards.

What if we lay another road egg next week?

I'm not in a depressed mood after this game by any means, but it's not worth making any huge decisions over.

I'm encouraged that prospective coaches got a good look at some of our youngsters looking good on a big stage.

Here's to a nice long future of Dabo vs Dino matchups in Death Valley and the Dome.

Can we wait until the team shows up next week anf the week after. This coach has shown his biggest weakness is getting his team to play competently on a weekly basis... See the LSU game followed by the sfu and uva stinkers against two really bad teams. Let's make sure this game isn't another example of that shall we?

Alsacs said:
This was a good job by the players. Coaching was good but this was GRob at ND. We have lost 7 games in a row. I am not going to bury SS now we played well let him enjoy it. We are getting a new staff or the attendance next year is going to be brutal. I think SS is a good man but he is not a HC.

Kind of agree with you - but that ND wasn't very good. Clemson is a lot good.

Kind of agree with you - but that ND wasn't very good. Clemson is a lot good.

They were 20 pt dogs on the road on a super cold night w cam dantley at qb.

It was a higher degree of difficulty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom