I tip my cap to Coach Boeheim (Notes from a frustrated Hoosier) | Syracusefan.com

I tip my cap to Coach Boeheim (Notes from a frustrated Hoosier)

Hoosier1987

Walk On
In over 30 years on this Earth I have had to learn some hard lessons that have shaped me into the person I am today. I am not a finished product but I tend to work on the fundamentals of life and attempt to master the things I do well. Your zone is a thing of beauty because you stick to it and the players believe in the system.

Your Cuse beat my Hoosiers in many respects during the game tonight; however, I am perplexed at Tom Crean for his failure to make proper adjustments at the half. His tendency to not make adjustments have been exposed by Coach Boeheim twice this year. I thank him for that because I believe that the exposure may pressure our coach to make some changes.

In our last game Tom Crean decided not to start Jeremy Hollowell and rewarded one of our walk-ons with the start extended playing time. The team played much better because the walk-on knew what to do with the ball when it reached his hands. Hollowell has some serious problems that must be corrected in my humble opinion. He refuses to play low to the ground and teams that scout him know it is simple to force turnovers due to his slow reaction time if trapped. Thus, you would think he would come off the bench and not receive extended minutes unless he is playing well; however, Coach Crean is riding with this kid until the end and continues to allow him to handle the ball in the part of the zone where his weaknesses are exposed(run on). The game of basketball relies on 5 players to work as 1 unit and right now we are not a unit when he is on the floor.

I hope that our coach decides to change the starting line-up in order to find a group that can become a unit as the season progresses. At this point I believe we will have a good season; however, the little adjustments in basketball make the biggest difference. Also, you will notice that if we have a player on the court that starts to find a rhythm we tend to sub that player out of the game for no reason at all. Hence, all of our weaknesses have been exposed twice by your program and under the national microscope a coach usually finally swallows his pride and starts to listen to someone who may solve the bigger problem.

I will cheer for your Cuse for the rest of the season in the ACC. A loss leaves you connected for the rest of the season whether you like it or not right? P.S. I really like C.J. Fair and Ennis in your backcourt!

Paul

Nice write-up and good luck with Tom Arnold manning the IU ship the rest of the way.

Nice classy post...your post to like ratio is off the charts. One correction: CJ Fair is a forward. I think it was a typo and you meant that you like our backcourt of COONEY and Ennis.

In over 30 years on this Earth I have had to learn some hard lessons that have shaped me into the person I am today. I am not a finished product but I tend to work on the fundamentals of life and attempt to master the things I do well. Your zone is a thing of beauty because you stick to it and the players believe in the system.

Your Cuse beat my Hoosiers in many respects during the game tonight; however, I am perplexed at Tom Crean for his failure to make proper adjustments at the half. His tendency to not make adjustments have been exposed by Coach Boeheim twice this year. I thank him for that because I believe that the exposure may pressure our coach to make some changes.

In our last game Tom Crean decided not to start Jeremy Hollowell and rewarded one of our walk-ons with the start extended playing time. The team played much better because the walk-on knew what to do with the ball when it reached his hands. Hollowell has some serious problems that must be corrected in my humble opinion. He refuses to play low to the ground and teams that scout him know it is simple to force turnovers due to his slow reaction time if trapped. Thus, you would think he would come off the bench and not receive extended minutes unless he is playing well; however, Coach Crean is riding with this kid until the end and continues to allow him to handle the ball in the part of the zone where his weaknesses are exposed(run on). The game of basketball relies on 5 players to work as 1 unit and right now we are not a unit when he is on the floor.

I hope that our coach decides to change the starting line-up in order to find a group that can become a unit as the season progresses. At this point I believe we will have a good season; however, the little adjustments in basketball make the biggest difference. Also, you will notice that if we have a player on the court that starts to find a rhythm we tend to sub that player out of the game for no reason at all. Hence, all of our weaknesses have been exposed twice by your program and under the national microscope a coach usually finally swallows his pride and starts to listen to someone who may solve the bigger problem.

I will cheer for your Cuse for the rest of the season in the ACC. A loss leaves you connected for the rest of the season whether you like it or not right? P.S. I really like C.J. Fair and Ennis in your backcourt!

Paul

Dear Paul, yes, when you lose to a team you often then want the victor to do well to help your loss look better. (Or is that just me?)

Good luck to your Hoosiers the rest of the season!

You are correct on the typo for the backcourt as Cooney was simply on fire tonight. I love players that play with reckless abandon because they make the college game great. Now C.J. Fair is also a heck of a player that should have a pretty good NBA Career.

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom