I want freshman lydon back | Syracusefan.com

I want freshman lydon back

I posted two games ago that his taking only 5 shots was a red flag. Today, he has only taken 7 shots. His teammates have to work harder to get him involved & he needs to be more aggressive in creating his own opportunities. He should be taking 10 to 15 shots a game. If his teammates don't look to get him more opportunities and if he is unable to create his own shot then maybe it is a myth that he is our best player and a likely first round pick.

Well, let's see. Lydon is shooting 50% from the field. He is shooting 82% from the free throw line. he is shooting 43% from 3 He averages 7.8 rebounds a game. He averages 14 pts a game. And you think he is part of the problem? SMH
We have a lot of fans that don't know very much about basketball.

He was better last year. He's playing soft.

No he wasn't. Maybe you just had crazy expectations. His numbers are up across the board. When's the last time we had a Sophomore put up the numbers he has?

He was expecting G to take a three, and gets a low bounce pass behind his back as he's sideways to the ball. It was far from his fault today. He was down low battling way too much on O. Just a bunch of missed shots, and no energy until they realized it was time to go. I wish at 66-61 that we got out of the press.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Gillon and white are our best players, lydon has been a disappointment.

You're also the dude who randomly chimed in to the football chat room last year to trash the football team. I don't pay attention to a single thing you post on this site.

Lydon waits until the team is on a comeback and then puts us over the top. In the games we have comeback to win, it was Battle, White, Thompson and Gillon who were the cogs. Example UVA, he hit the three to give us the lead, but up to that point he wasn't doing much. People want to remember the good, but overlook everything else. Lydon is a good player, not a great one.

"nice game pretty boy !!!"

newman_hernandez.png

You're also the dude who randomly chimed in to the football chat room last year to trash the football team. I don't pay attention to a single thing you post on this site.

This is the first time I've ever noticed one of your posts so the feeling is mutual

This is the first time I've ever noticed one of your posts so the feeling is mutual
That's what happens when you randomly chime in a couple of new threads a week only on the basketball side.

By the way- you're missing out. I post some good stuff.

Would say he is exceeding your expectations this season and where you thought he would be?
You mean the guy averaging 14-8-2, shooting 50/43/82 percent while logging nearly 40 mpg at the 5? Yeah he's exceeded my expectations for his sophomore year

I was working and didn't get a chance to see the game but did Lydon look hobbled at all today? He turned his ankle pretty good at the end of the Clemson game.

Lydon doesn't force anything. I do think he is perhaps better suited as a 3rd/4th option, but you have to applaud a guy who doesn't just start shooting because he wants points. He is clearly getting a lot of focus from opposing defenses and he's not a guy to force 12 shots and go 3/12 and I respect that. You could however aruge that 9 bad shots from Lydon is better than 9 "good" shots from other guys

You mean the guy averaging 14-8-2, shooting 50/43/82 percent while logging nearly 40 mpg at the 5? Yeah he's exceeded my expectations for his sophomore year
This is a bit strong. If 14 and 8 exceeded your expectations then u had a low bar. Lydon has been good. Nothing amazing though. He's still far and away our 2nd best player though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom