I want Temple to win | Syracusefan.com

I want Temple to win

I fixed it for you.
That reminds me of something JB said in the post game last night. He said "some freshman redshirt guard didn't get out to him" when talking about Crabbe's 27fter when Cooney was in. If JB doesn't mention you by name, you know he's pissed.

I want Temple simply because they give us the better chance to advance.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Exactly.

That reminds me of something JB said in the post game last night. He said "some freshman redshirt guard didn't get out to him" when talking about Crabbe's 27fter when Cooney was in. If JB doesn't mention you by name, you know he's pissed.
He was definitely pissed. He followed that with something to the effect of "so he got to watch Crabbe from the bench the rest of the game."

That was hilarious. Learning experience for Trevor.

I want Temple simply because they give us the better chance to advance.

Sent using my Commodore 64

That's it for me, as well. Having a second shot at them is nice, but a side benefit.

not because I'm afraid of IU but because:

A) I want payback on the Owls

and

B) I don't want to spend the next week seeing repeated highlights of Keith Smart from 1987

If Temple and Maimi win today, you will have representation of the 4 different types of schools that have/will experience the Big East in some fashion.

Miami: Part of the original expansion and the driver to defections that eventually broke up the league. Call it the ghost of the Big East's past.

Temple: A team that technically fits in both past (for football) and the future (although with a new name). Closest team to representing our friends from Storrs.

SU: Ghost of Big East present (as well as past). The leader of the exodus that basically drove the final nail in the coffin that was the Big East.

Marquette: The ghost of Big East future as they are part of the Catholic 7 that will be called the Big East in the future.

Oh and that giant sucking sound you will hear at the Verizon Center represents the Hoyas in March. Seriously, Craig Esherick's coaching career was longer that FGCU's basketball history.

That's it for me, as well. Having a second shot at them is nice, but a side benefit.
Revenge tour would be nice for us. Temple and Marquette. Like bees said though, mostly because we have a better chance to advance playing those teams.

Marquette in DC would be great for us.

do we have a better chance against teams that have played us already or teams that havent? Temple I dont think they can play that well against us twice but they would be on a high so who knows. marq would be another ugly slug fest but Indiana/Miami have much higher top side to over come when they play well

I would like Temple as well. Indiana is a terrible matchup for us. IMO, they are the best team in this tournament, better than LVille. They have the inside outside game to tear up our zone. Our bigs would foul out trying to stop Zeller. Good guards who can hit the 3. They are deep. We would have to play our best game of the year to be Indiana.

do we have a better chance against teams that have played us already or teams that havent? Temple I dont think they can play that well against us twice but they would be on a high so who knows. marq would be another ugly slug fest but Indiana/Miami have much higher top side to over come when they play well

Had a lot less to do with them playing well [which they did], and us playing about as poorly offensively as we could play. Even so, it was still a close game.

Round two, I wouldn't count on us being so offensively inept. That game was months ago, but from what I recall CJ went wild, but nobody else could do anything. A more balanced team effort would go a long way toward smearing Temple.

I think if you focus only on us, that if we play just a solid offensive game Temple/Marq wont beat us. miami/indy we could play a pretty good game on offense and still lose.

Which is funny because I'm not sure LeBron wouldve been able to get out on that one and you think we would be happy allowing teams to chuck 30 footers all game long. That one just happened to go in.

Which is funny because I'm not sure LeBron wouldve been able to get out on that one and you think we would be happy allowing teams to chuck 30 footers all game long. That one just happened to go in.

That's exactly what I was just thinking. Yeah, those shots are exciting to see, but they must have a 10% chance of going in. Sure he hit one from nearly as deep, but isn't that what the zone is trying to get teams to do? So now we will see Cooney 30 feet from the basket and surely out of position for the next pass or the dump into the elbow. Sometimes basketball players just make great shots and you kind of have to say good shot.

That's exactly what I was just thinking. Yeah, those shots are exciting to see, but they must have a 10% chance of going in. Sure he hit one from nearly as deep, but isn't that what the zone is trying to get teams to do? So now we will see Cooney 30 feet from the basket and surely out of position for the next pass or the dump into the elbow. Sometimes basketball players just make great shots and you kind of have to say good shot.
Exactly - now you're supposed to get out on 30 foot jump shots ... right.

I would like Temple as well. Indiana is a terrible matchup for us. IMO, they are the best team in this tournament, better than LVille. They have the inside outside game to tear up our zone. Our bigs would foul out trying to stop Zeller. Good guards who can hit the 3. They are deep. We would have to play our best game of the year to be Indiana.
L'Ville is a much worse match up for us than Indiana and Ville knows us like the back of their hand. Not downplaying Indiana, they're really good but my goodness man, do you need some new boots to shake in?

Exactly - now you're supposed to get out on 30 foot jump shots ... right.

The only thing I can think of that might prompt JB's reaction is if the guards were instructed before the game to get out on Crabbe no matter how far out he might be. Perhaps our coaching staff, based on their film study, believed Crabbe could hit shots from anywhere, so they told the perimeter players not to let him shoot--period. If that's the case, it would explain JB's ire. If not, I'm not sure why JB would be so upset about that shot--it is precisely the low-percentage shot that we invite teams to take.

The only thing I can think of that might prompt JB's reaction is if the guards were instructed before the game to get out on Crabbe no matter how far out he might be. Perhaps our coaching staff, based on their film study, believed Crabbe could hit shots from anywhere, so they told the perimeter players not to let him shoot--period. If that's the case, it would explain JB's ire. If not, I'm not sure why JB would be so upset about that shot--it is precisely the low-percentage shot that we invite teams to take.
I think it's just JAB playing psychologist to freshman Cooney. Neither Cooney nor Grant looked particularly good yesterday, however JAB knows that he is going to need them in crucial minutes.

Also, did anyone noticed that when Cooney came in, he subbed for MCW and not BT. I could be totally wrong, but was that the first time that he sat MCW first.

The fact of the matter is that SU's zone is very tough on teams that don't see it much. Knowing how to do it isn't the same as actually doing it. Indiana is really good but not many teams tear us up in the tournament. I worry more about our offense.

That's exactly it. He knew they needed Crabbe to win. We were face guarding Crabbe and giving it up on the inside. I wonder if Boeheim knew how fragile he is as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom