"I want to be green and growing and not red and rotten." | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"I want to be green and growing and not red and rotten."

And the results? Briles Spread > Leach Air Raid

I guess. Have you seen what Leach has done at Washington State? Pretty remarkable considering.

Call it the Billy Fuccillo offense for all I care. Babers has had some great minds along the way that have definitely influenced him. It's modern, fast, and been pretty consistent in production throughout all his stops. That's good enough for me.

OrangeMaNPD said:
I guess. Have you seen what Leach has done at Washington State? Pretty remarkable considering. Call it the Billy Fuccillo offense for all I care. Babers has had some great minds along the way that have definitely influenced him. It's modern, fast, and been pretty consistent in production throughout all his stops. That's good enough for me.

For sure. It's like arguing cheese vs bacon on a burger.

Point is: it's going to be good.

I had a dream last night that in our first game against Colgate next season we scored 91 points and ran 130 plays.

I had a dream last night that in our first game against Colgate next season we scored 91 points and ran 130 plays.
Have you been in the Utah desert picking peyote again? ;-)

Sitting at a dinner table at the American Football Coaches Association in San Antonio four years ago, one of his assistants overheard a prominent coach ridiculing Babers for taking the hurry-up spread he learned from Art Briles at Baylor and bringing it to Eastern Illinois.

"Look over there, there goes Dino Babers," the assistant later recounted to Babers. "Can you believe with all the good coaches he's been around, all the good programs he's been around, he finally gets his first head coaching job and he's going to run that BS spread? Can you believe that?"

Meatheaditis continues to be an epidemic in the football coaching community.

meathead_400x400.png

Sitting at a dinner table at the American Football Coaches Association in San Antonio four years ago, one of his assistants overheard a prominent coach ridiculing Babers for taking the hurry-up spread he learned from Art Briles at Baylor and bringing it to Eastern Illinois.

"Look over there, there goes Dino Babers," the assistant later recounted to Babers. "Can you believe with all the good coaches he's been around, all the good programs he's been around, he finally gets his first head coaching job and he's going to run that BS spread? Can you believe that?"

meathead_400x400.png
That was the best part of the entire article.

meathead_400x400.png

meathead_400x400.png

meathead_400x400.png

i don't think it's the air raid but i sure as hell don't think it's the polar opposite of the air raid

Sometimes I take this complicated sport too literally, but I would think of the triple option as the polar opposite of air raid. That's just me.

Sometimes I take this complicated sport too literally, but I would think of the triple option as the polar opposite of air raid. That's just me.
Either that, or some kind of jumbo goal line set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom