I was behind the SU bench at Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I was behind the SU bench at Clemson

Where are the good old days of being a little kid and the Sears and Monkey Wards catalogs with all the toys would come in the mail. Then you became an adult kid and the Victoria Secret catalogs would come. Now, it's too expensive to mail that stuff so the mailbox is empty. Not even bills because everything is paid online.
My wife and I ran by the old Montgomery wards building in menands last weekend and she had never heard it called monkey wards before. Then we debated the origins of that nickname and if it’s inappropriate or not. Lots of talking for a 6 mile run.

My wife and I ran by the old Montgomery wards building in menands last weekend and she had never heard it called monkey wards before. Then we debated the origins of that nickname and if it’s inappropriate or not. Lots of talking for a 6 mile run.
Maybe if your short on conversation filler you can ask her if she's ever been to Mickey D's.

I know a few people that I golf with that used to work at that Menands store a long time ago (maybe 45 or 50 years ago). LOL!!!

Call me old school but I still use mapquest and my aol email. For the record I don't use the 2-3 zone.

I just wanted to know how long the drive would be; Mapquest still works. We used Google enroute.
I’m sorry stuck. I just couldn’t resist . I saw Mapquest and it brought back memories of me printing out directions on my cheap , slow dot matrix printer. I didn’t mean any disrespect to you

I missed the days we get AOL floppies in the mail, then it was CDs, then it became Pottery Barns catalogs, then it was Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off postcards. The BB&B 20% off cards came around the same time the program declined 20%, by the time Harbor Freight flyers showed up we were already potato knee deep. I missed the days of the 300 baud rate dialup modem handshake shrieking gghhh-ddddddd-vvvvvvvvvvvv-kkkkkkkkkkkk-sssshhhhhhhhhhh-jjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkk on a Commodore 64.
The BBB 20% discount cards were cool. BUT, the truly epic ones were the ones that were 20% off your ENTIRE purchase instead of just one product

If you don't give the shooters a 10 food cushion because that's what the 2-3 zone does, you can close them out a lot easier.

It's not about closing out any more. It's about the fact that this is an Era where 6'10 centers are shooting 3s from 35 feet out in 10th grade and you need to BE out there to defend, not try to react. The 2-3 D is outdated and not congruent for today's game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom