I was beyond wrong UVA got a 1 seed | Syracusefan.com

I was beyond wrong UVA got a 1 seed

I was beyond wrong. Iwill eat the largest piece of humble pie ever.

Propers to you on the note. All good. They clearly deserved it with the way it played out nationally. But they will have a helluva time with michigan state. Not even certain Vegas will favor them.

I was beyond wrong. Iwill eat the largest piece of humble pie ever.

I think when we had our chat about early this week it was based on "If Virginia had won against Maryland before". I thought they had some shot if they won at Maryland. But agreed after some discussion, the discussion was silly because they had already lost and they had no chance at a #1 now. And somehow they still got it. So we were both wrong.

The only reason I gave in to Virginia today was because the committee said there was a team with alot of eye test discussion -- I knew it had to be Virginia or Louisville.

In the end, nobody went out and grabbed it that #1 seed - Only reason Virginia got back in the race. If Villanova, Wisconsin, Kansas or Michigan had taken care of business this week, they don't get it.

I was really surprised, I thought Michigan was going to get it.

All the teams ahead of Virginia that controlled their own destiny for the last 1 lost. Kansas, Wisconsin, nova, michigan, Syracuse. Any of those teams won their conference tourney UVA would not have got it.

UVA is no fluke. They are big, physical, confident, deep, and well-coached. They have answers to all questions, and pose tough questions for anyone.

In the end, nobody went out and grabbed it that #1 seed - Only reason Virginia got back in the race. If Villanova, Wisconsin, Kansas or Michigan had taken care of business this week, they don't get it.

All the teams ahead of Virginia that controlled their own destiny for the last 1 lost. Kansas, Wisconsin, nova, michigan, Syracuse. Any of those teams won their conference tourney UVA would not have got it.

Both of you are 100% right. I don't see how anyone could argue that we would have deserved a #1 over any of those teams if they had won their tournaments. If they win, the talk is about where we fit on the 2 or 3 line.

Both of you are 100% right. I don't see how anyone could argue that we would have deserved a #1 over any of those teams if they had won their tournaments. If they win, the talk is about where we fit on the 2 or 3 line.
I'm a full-on believer in your team after this weekend. If UVa and Mich St end up meeting, that could truly be one of the all-time classic s16 battles.

listening to jerry palm on Sirius this morning, and he said the committee's decision was basically between Mich and uva for final one seed. mich lost so 1 seed went to the cavs. Could have cost us a 3 in the east as well with the bracketing rules... just food for thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom