I wonder where we'll be ranked | Syracusefan.com

I wonder where we'll be ranked

Shark58

BANNED
when it is all said and done.

2 more wins and #1 would be nice, but since there is no way we can beat UNC (just like there was no was we could beat UVA) I'm thinking we go out Sat and end up 2nd in "others receiving votes"

bang-book-review-pic-02-by-casey-carlisle.gif

I'm sure we will be ranked somewhere in the top 25. No idea where tho... nothing to base it off cause a 10 seed has never made the final 4.

Shark58 said:
when it is all said and done.

2 more wins and #1 would be nice, but since there is no way we can beat UNC (just like there was no was we could beat UVA) I'm thinking we go out Sat and end up 2nd in "others receiving votes"

Isn't it customary to have the top 4 teams as the final four teams?

Isn't it customary to have the top 4 teams as the final four teams?

10 secs of websearching found 2011 VCU made the 4 and lost to Butler and ended up #6 in the coaches. no idea where they were ranked going into the dance

According to the rules of the Capital One Cup - for Men's BB, points are awarded according to final rankings rather than results in a tournament. WHAT?

As far as I know both the AP pole and the Coaches poll are simply votes taken from members of the press and coaches. Normally the team that wins the tourney is voted 1st in both poles and the 2nd place team ends up 2nd. After that it's wide open. I don't remember a final four team ranked lower than 5/6/7.. Of course I'm going by memory and my memory is not
what it used to be iirc.

Number one when we will it all!

I would have dismissed this has over zealous fannery before we beat UVA. No I'm not. I may have actually become a believer. I think we have a deceit chance to beat UNC based on how the team is playing right now. I don't think UNC has seen such an incremental improvement since the beginning of the tournament.

George Mason finished 8th in 2006.
VCU finished 6th in 2011.
LSU appears to have not been ranked in the final poll in 1986.

All I know is, if you ain't first, you're last.

I honestly could see us winning the title and still not getting #1 in one of the polls.

In our first Final Four in '75 we lost to UK and Louisville (OT) in the consolation. We finished ranked #6. UCLA tourney winner was #1;
UK #2;
Indiana #3 (ranked #1 for 10 weeks and lost to UK in Mideast region finals)
Louisville #4
Maryland #5 after being ranked 4-5 most of the season and lost to Louisville in the Midwest region finals.

That team was similar to this year's squad in so far as they came out of nowhere to make a miraculous Final Four run. I would be ecstatic with this team being ranked anywhere near the top ten.

Its a tough call, we did lose 14 games, and made the final four, I have honestly no idea what the voters will do with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom