I would give Marrone an extension today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I would give Marrone an extension today

I'm just going to go off EDSBS, which is a good barometer of the nationa fanbase, and, no. Perception of Marrone is not amazing. It's average. Just a normal coach, nothing special about him either way.

Again, missing the point. The administration at many schools don't truly care how their fan base is going to like or not like a hire. That is fairly low on the agenda. Fans don't hire coaches, so it doesn't matter what the national "fan-base" thinks of him. The only thing that matters is how administrators view him and there is no doubt that he is respected nationwide.

Beat Cincy or Pitt and I would have no problem with a short extension. If he loses both I see no reason to give him extension coming off a losing season. It would be silly

Again, missing the point. The administration at many schools don't truly care how their fan base is going to like or not like a hire. That is fairly low on the agenda. Fans don't hire coaches, so it doesn't matter what the national "fan-base" thinks of him. The only thing that matters is how administrators view him and there is no doubt that he is respected nationwide.

Sorry, wasn't aware you were personal friends with administrators across the land. I'm sorry, but I've never heard one SEC, Pac-12, Big 12, or B1G pundit, president, coach, whatever, talk about that amazing Doug Marrone there in Syracuse. You're delusional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom