I'd rather... | Syracusefan.com

I'd rather...

People do not realize how destroyed to Syracuse football brand is to High School kids who have never seen Syracuse be any good.. I went to the Rutgirls game and Rutgirls had HUGE players compared to Syracuse. We looked like a mid major out there with the size. It will take time to turn this around.. even great turnarounds like coach Shady at Rutgirls took many more years than this to accomplish. It really takes 3+ years to turn things around, but people want to see results now. I am just happy with the fact that the product on the field is improving slowly. Check out coach P at Ucan't... he takes over and 29 guys leave... it's really hard to build anything when we have had even more players than that leave the team. I really just think this team is tired and needs a week off to come out fresh vs WVU.

Agreed. 4-2 and you think we'd be somewhat happy.

Yup, I expected some regression this year after losing a lot of players from a senior laden team last season. I was optimistic at the beginning that we could win 9 or so games. That is doubtful now though, and I will except that. I will happily take a 6-6 season and a trip to the Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl. Hopefully, win it and finish with a winning record.

Next season looks bright under Marrone. Nassib has improved this season, and can only get better heading into next. Likewise West looks like a big time wide receiver. Broyld and/or Hunt will hopefully get some snaps next season. Moore can move the pile. Gulley is fast. McFarlane coming in looks amazing. He would probably be a 4 star recruit if he was from a Southern state. Davis looks amazing and he is only a freshman. Reddish should develop into a Mike Holmes type of player at worst. Pugh has NFL scouts looking at him. Chandler will be another year better. Crume has been playing real well. Kobena is a great returner.

I would love to be in the ACC next year and enter with a roster like that. We would make quite an impression. :)

People do not realize how destroyed to Syracuse football brand is to High School kids who have never seen Syracuse be any good.. I went to the Rutgirls game and Rutgirls had HUGE players compared to Syracuse. We looked like a mid major out there with the size. It will take time to turn this around.. even great turnarounds like coach Shady at Rutgirls took many more years than this to accomplish. It really takes 3+ years to turn things around, but people want to see results now. I am just happy with the fact that the product on the field is improving slowly. Check out coach P at Ucan't... he takes over and 29 guys leave... it's really hard to build anything when we have had even more players than that leave the team. I really just think this team is tired and needs a week off to come out fresh vs WVU.

Exactly check out my reply to texascpa. Marrone is turning this program around. I said this a few days ago and I'll say it again "Rome wasn't built in a day."

It's amazing that some of the same people that talk about the value of the Syracuse brand that was built up over decades compared to the (lack of) brand value for Rutgers and UConn - in spite of their superior performance on the field in the last decade - are the same ones that are upset that recruiting didn't radically improve the moment Marrone was hired.

This is a scrappy team that plays hard and never gives up. That is a very good thing and probably why we are 4-2 rather than 2-4 at this point. We need the break this week especially before the WVU game to heal up the bumps & bruises.

The goal of this team should be to make it to a bowl game and then win that bowl game like we did last year. We are building and going to a bowl and winning are important parts to building back. If we do that, then the Rutgers game although hurts won't mean a whole lot in the long haul. It's all about the Wins and we have more of those than not. Would I rather be 5-1, of course but the goal is to get to a bowl game and that is obtainable. We just need 2 or 3 more wins out of the next 6 games. We'll get there.

Go 'Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom