I'd sign up for this in a heart beat | Syracusefan.com

I'd sign up for this in a heart beat

GoSU96

Living Legend
http://texas./content.asp?CID=1261031

Ridiculous I know.

"But if the Big 12 comes apart, another way for Texas to hold onto LHN may be joining the Atlantic Coast Conference, two sources close to the situation said Monday. ESPN holds the TV rights in the ACC and also owns and operates LHN.

But the ACC would only come into play if Oklahoma left for the Pac-12 and the Big 12 busted up, sources said.

One source close to the situation said the ACC, which is trying to fend off a potential raid by the Southeastern Conference (Virginia Tech continues to be mentioned by sources as an SEC target), would possibly look to add Texas, Syracuse, Connecticut and Rutgers to grow to 16.

Sources say Missouri has received feelers from the Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12 and Big East. Kansas has also received feelers from the Pac-12 and Big East, sources said. Kansas State has also received feelers from the Big East, sources said."

WOW! I just don't know what to think anymore...

There is just so much out there that "could" happen.

Doubt there's any truth to this, but it could work out in the same way Miami in the BE did. Sure, they (UT) could bolt at any time, but at least you'd have some football respect for the time being.

Heard Swofford on the morning drive today.

He shot this down (or at least did last night), and then gave the ole "we look at everything, etc" bunch of non-committal answers. Honestly he spent a lot of time pumping up Maryland.

As long as we're thinking out of the box, doesn't ESPN hold the BE TV rights also?

We're already in Ft Worth. What's a little side trip to Austin? :)

From what is being said, today is supposidly going to be the day that A&M applies for the SEC. It's also supposidly the day that BoomerSooner will tell the B12 it plans to leave the conference.

If this happens, the proverbial stuff will hit the fan. No one will have any idea what will happen after that. It will be the wild-west.

I have a side question for everyone...

What are your feelings on having Dr. Daryl Gross leading the Syracuse charge into this realignment free-for-all? Personally, I like that he is our representative on the front lines for this. He's an open minded thinker and somewhat of a risk taker. I guess the proof will be in the pudding...

I'm just thankful that Jake isn't driving the bus for this one.

ESPN had a couple articles that dispelled Chip Brown's rumors. Basically, OU is looking west and Texas is in the mix. Whether OSU and TTech are involved remains unclear, but assumed.

Texas is NOT taking a pay cut to join the ACC, nor is any Big East team knowing they already rejected an ESPN offer that exceeded the ACC. Besides, the B1G 10 would take Texas before the ACC.

What are your feelings on having Dr. Daryl Gross leading the Syracuse charge into this realignment free-for-all? Personally, I like that he is our representative on the front lines for this. He's an open minded thinker and somewhat of a risk taker. I guess the proof will be in the pudding...

We just have to trust that Gross is looking at all options right now that are in the universitys best interest. Personally I believe he holds no sentimental ties to the Big East whatsoever and will do whatever is necessary to put us in the best long term position.

Open minded like hiring Grob?

This has been debated ad-nauseum on this site. (actually the old site, but you get my point)

GRob is the only glaring (ie/ undisputed) error on this guy's resume here at Syracuse. While hindsight shows us it was a colossal -up, hiring GRob was about the best hire that could have been made at the time….given the circumstances.

I think Gross can do math. That's really the only qualification you need at this point.

I think Gross can do math. That's really the only qualification you need at this point.

Right, because being a good salesperson and knowing people won't be helpful at all right now. All we need is a guy behind a desk with a calculator and we'll be alright.

Right, because being a good salesperson and knowing people won't be helpful at all right now. All we need is a guy behind a desk with a calculator and we'll be alright.

New board, same utter lack of a sense of humor.

New board, same utter lack of a sense of humor.

and this surprises you??...

we need to get in a 12school football acc and find a way to bring gtown, nova, st johns and a lottery winner along for the ride in hoop.

every other year they can put the conf tourny in the Garden and id be more than ok with that.

:noidea:

Ridiculous I know.

"But if the Big 12 comes apart, another way for Texas to hold onto LHN may be joining the Atlantic Coast Conference, two sources close to the situation said Monday. ESPN holds the TV rights in the ACC and also owns and operates LHN.

But the ACC would only come into play if Oklahoma left for the Pac-12 and the Big 12 busted up, sources said.

One source close to the situation said the ACC, which is trying to fend off a potential raid by the Southeastern Conference (Virginia Tech continues to be mentioned by sources as an SEC target), would possibly look to add Texas, Syracuse, Connecticut and Rutgers to grow to 16.

Sources say Missouri has received feelers from the Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12 and Big East. Kansas has also received feelers from the Pac-12 and Big East, sources said. Kansas State has also received feelers from the Big East, sources said."

Lenn Robbins.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...king_big_ou8JdQKJUhWEeCUtGv7dNP#ixzz1XBPTWUVS

Not so hyped up on the 4 divisions, but whatever works.

If seems that three Big12 teams to the BE as the next step if the Pac12 goes to 16 is locked in.

and this surprises you??...

we need to get in a 12school football acc and find a way to bring gtown, nova, st johns and a lottery winner along for the ride in hoop.

every other year they can put the conf tourny in the Garden and id be more than ok with that.

:noidea:

Yeah, I'd be cool with this. I'm not excited about the potential of losing Nova and G'town for hoops rivalries and with St. John's apparently back with Lavin at the helm, I'd add them to the mix as well. PC or the Hall would be fine as a fourth as well.

Trying to picture even 1 Texas Longhorn fan who would be happy with this. Hopefully it's 1 with deeper pockets than the rest. I'm sure Texas would sign up for it in a heartbeat if it were a ND/Big East arrangement. But football? The east coast and us?

Ridiculous I know.

I think that the situation is wildly up in the air in a kind of twister pattern and how this settles out is a question that won't be answered for a while. i'm surprised that no statement is coming out of our conference leers or tithe representatives of the more prestigious schools , Syracuse obviously being one of them. Unless this turns out to be a huge step up for Syracuse in visibility and$ I would be inclined to say take a hike. Change for these of change is not productive for us.:crazy:

"Thankful"

Recall that Jake helped create the Big East - a smashing success for Syracuse University.

He also hired Coach Mac and presided over golden era of SU Athletics.

He's super smart and well-respected in the TV/college sports community.

He would handle the situation quite well.

"Thankful"

Recall that Jake helped create the Big East - a smashing success for Syracuse University.

not only that, but he put SU into the ACC until the virginia gov got involved.

"Thankful"

I love Jake but he bungled the whole Penn St. situation, I remember Mike Tranghese's interview with the NY Times a couple yrs ago when he said the biggest mistake the Big East made was not admitting Penn St in 1982. Jake was good for SU, but he could have pushed the bball schools hard to add both Penn St and Pittsburgh and not of 1 of 2. Its not like Providence, Seton Hall, Villanova were the future of college sports. Also, in 2003 when the ACC added only Miami and Va Tech Jake and Buzz didn't lobby SU to the ACC like BC did for the 12th spot. Instead, they went back to the Big East and if they didn't luck into Cincinnati, Louisville, and South Florida Syracuse Football would have been severely injured. Jake was a good AD, but I agree about Dr. Gross he is sharp and will play the game where Jake wouldn't sadly college sports are all about the $$$ and not about integrity. Syracuse will end up okay because of my confidence in Dr. Gross.

I'm not sure sure this dance with the devil will be worth it. Texas has trashed two conferences with their greed and the ACC is owned by NC and Duke. If you all thought dealing with Providence was bad you ain't seen nothing yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom