If anyone else is down about Saturday due to the injury situation | Syracusefan.com

If anyone else is down about Saturday due to the injury situation

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Take 5 minutes and go read the Rutgers Rival Board like I just did. Cant wait for Saturday now and I hope we beat the livign Sh$t out of them...

I don't see the big deal about this game. The only importance it may have is that it could be the last time we EVER play them. I rather end it with a W. As to this season we still have plenty of opportunities to get to 6 Ws. As to recruiting, we will be in the ACC while they will be in the leftover BE, which likely will not get an auto bid to the BCS. That should easily trump this game. If we cannot out recruit them because of this game, then we need better recruiters. I hate the thought of losing to them and if we are as healthy as last week's game (which was still undermanned) I think we win by 2 TDs. But in the grand scheme of things this game isn't a big deal.

I don't see the big deal about this game. The only importance it may have is that it could be the last time we EVER play them. I rather end it with a W. As to this season we still have plenty of opportunities to get to 6 Ws. As to recruiting, we will be in the ACC while they will be in the leftover BE, which likely will not get an auto bid to the BCS. That should easily trump this game. If we cannot out recruit them because of this game, then we need better recruiters. I hate the thought of losing to them and if we are as healthy as last week's game (which was still undermanned) I think we win by 2 TDs. But in the grand scheme of things this game isn't a big deal.

I agree that we'll win, and I think people are just wringing their hands primarily because they are amped up due to it being the RU game.

But I think it is a "big deal" -- due to the fact that our schedule is backloaded. In order to get to the minimum number of wins to get bowl eligible, we can't afford to stub our toe against either RU or Tulane. That gets us to 5.

There are no obvious "gimmes" on the back half--not suggesting that we won't win some, but our road to a bowl gets much more challenging if we lose at home this weekend. :noidea:

There by far the most obnoxious and delusional fanbase in the Big East, read some of there posts about SU its complete BS. Shutting them up for another year would feel great

I'll be 100% shocked if the Big East loses it's auto-BCS bid when Pitt and Syracuse leave. First because there's one BE championship between the two schools, so it's not like the perception exists that the powerhouse programs are leaving, which was one of the issues in 2003. Second because supposedly there's a reluctance amongst the college presidents and ADs to be seen as killing off a conference, and it's pretty obvious that losing the auto-bid is the death blow to the Big East. I suspect the media dummies will still harp on the idea, but it's not going to happen.

The Rutgers game is big because we need to get back to treating them like a redheaded step-child, which will help us get back to recruiting at the level we did 20 years ago.

I'll be 100% shocked if the Big East loses it's auto-BCS bid when Pitt and Syracuse leave. First because there's one BE championship between the two schools, so it's not like the perception exists that the powerhouse programs are leaving, which was one of the issues in 2003. S

One? I think we have four by ourselves.

One? I think we have four by ourselves.

Meant since 2003 when Miami, BS, and VT left. Syracuse's championships from the 90's are as relevant in perception today as the '59 national championship. I haven't heard any comentary on how devastating this is for football...because the perception is that Syracuse has a weak football program RIGHT NOW.

well say that. Don't say we have only one title because that is very wrong.

Meant since 2003 when Miami, BS, and VT left. Syracuse's championships from the 90's are as relevant in perception today as the '59 national championship. I haven't heard any comentary on how devastating this is for football...because the perception is that Syracuse has a weak football program RIGHT NOW.

The biggest brands in the BE were SU and Pitt. They may have not been the best teams right now but they had the best FB brand value and best FB history. In addition the BE may lose 2 more teams depending on what happens in the B12 and SEC. Sorry but a conference with RU (started to care about FB in 2000), UConn (used to be 1AA not too long ago), USF (just started a program in 90s), Cincy (non BCS prior to 2005), and some combination of TCU (non BCS), Louisville (BCS 2005), and WV (only team in BE deserving) is not getting a BCS bid. Unless they add Boise St (who can play the rest of their sports in WCC) as a FB only, I just can't see it. In addition the 2011, 2012, and 2013 BE BCS performances will have a lot of weight. The BE has looked bad in the last three games. If that continues good by BCS.

I am concerned...

Mainly because Marrone is appears frazzled and visibly concerned... He was like this last year when we hit the mid-season injury-depleted zone... only right now, he seems even more on edge and I don't see the practice closing as a good sign...

Sounds to me like we are going to be missing a lot of key players on Sat. and (like last year) they are dumbing down schemes and simplifying the plan because they will be trying to get a number of green youngsters as serviceable as possible in a very short amount of time... and that means very conservative approach designed to to not beat ourselves and limit mistakes.

Sounds to me like we are going to be missing a lot of key players on Sat. and (like last year) they are dumbing down schemes and simplifying the plan because they will be trying to get a number of green youngsters as serviceable as possible in a very short amount of time... and that means very conservative approach designed to to not beat ourselves and limit mistakes.

This is the part I don't get. Why would we have to scale back the game plan on offense? We have one of the most experienced offenses in the BE.

totally confused how and if we have all these injuries and out for the game. who would be out on offense thats significant?

Totally agree with this -- the game doesn't feel nearly as critical as it did the last two years

This is the part I don't get. Why would we have to scale back the game plan on offense? We have one of the most experienced offenses in the BE.

Because Marrone won't want the Rutgers offense on the field.

Unless there's something we don't know, the offense is healthy, and I think we have to make the best use of that. Score when possible. Our D may be overly inexperienced on Saturday but you're still relying on the Rutgers offense to limit their mistakes and play well, it's a bet you should be willing to take.

But having said that, I see us running the ball a lot on Saturday.

I am concerned...

Agree something is not right. THis is more than Chandler or shamarko

Anyone know if the team has been practicing in or outdoors?

Jeremy you get a free drink for each point SU beats Rutger's by at DD's. When you go there tell them Big D said it was OK.;)

Thought I saw on Twitter that lightning forced the team inside today

There by far the most obnoxious and delusional fanbase in the Big East, read some of there posts about SU its complete BS. Shutting them up for another year would feel great
I would add most arrogant fanbase in the Big East to the above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom