If bazely was here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If bazely was here

Based on what?

A quick glance at NBAdraft.net (which I know isn't the end all-be all). I think whether he sinks or floats will depend mostly on how he performs in pre-draft workouts.

Bazely was talented, but also frail/weak, and made a lot of mistakes. He would have been turnover-prone. I think he would have been just as frustrating as Oshae has been this year. More versatile, but with less rebounding. Maybe he'd be a plus in some respects, but knowing what we now know about him, what about the hit to chemistry? I think we'd be in the same position we're in now.

Based on everything we know about him as a player, it appears to be an odd path he’s taking.

While he’s a good athlete, he’s not some freak like a Zion or something. He’s not 7 feet, and athletic, with guard skills. He’s 6’8-6’9. Guys like that are not that all that rare these days.

And from all reports, he’s not some dynamic one on one type player who would shine in individual workouts or will go take over and stand out in a game that’s just thrown together. He’s said to be a high b-ball IQ team player who would look better when settled into a role on a team.

Doesn’t seem like the ideal candidate to go the route he’s gone.

We’ll see though.

What I know is espn and sports illustrated no longer have him on their draft board, but believe what you want...

What I know is espn and sports illustrated no longer have him on their draft board, but believe what you want...
and i see him above tyus battle on others.

Incredible that as of right now the most charitable prognostication if we had Bazley on this team would be "we would be ranked."

I mean this would be the dream scenario just this past March.

Would have been a crap shoot...I think he weighed 160 wet. He could have been decent in the post and from 3. He also could have missed his assignment on defense and rode the pine. Shrug...

Would have been a crap shoot...I think he weighed 160 wet. He could have been decent in the post and from 3. He also could have missed his assignment on defense and rode the pine. Shrug...

I’m so down on the subpar and disappointing PG and C play, that I’m just not sure he would matter as much as we thought he would. Unless he actually took OB’s minutes, which I don’t think he would’ve.

I’m so down on the subpar and disappointing PG and C play, that I’m just not sure he would matter as much as we thought he would. Unless he actually took OB’s minutes, which I don’t think he would’ve.
Agreed

If Bazley was here, based on what people said about his visit, Oshae would not be happy.

Probably a lot better. Not necessarily just because of him. More like Elijah and Oshae would be having better years because there isn't enough minutes for those 2 and Bazely plus Marek. The competition would have been good. I don't think Bazely would be dominant and playing his way into the lottery he'd be more of a glue guy who can hit open shots.

No idea how many more wins we’d have, but Brissett would have a few more splinters in his butt.

We would be a lot better. He would have brought a ton to this team. Ball handling, passing and scoring from the forward spot to take pressure off the guards. Oshae would have gotten quick hooks with his missed layups and awful shot selection. When Oshae makes up his mind to drive, he will with reckless abandon. He would be benched . Marek and Bazely would have been a pleasure to watch because when they would get double teamed they would find the open man. Not force feed a brick even when double or triple teamed. But most of all Bazely wouldn't miss 2-3 layups and have 2-3 of his shots blocked for runouts every game. True Dat.

We would be a lot better. He would have brought a ton to this team. Ball handling, passing and scoring from the forward spot to take pressure off the guards. Oshae would have gotten quick hooks with his missed layups and awful shot selection. When Oshae makes up his mind to drive, he will with reckless abandon. He would be benched . Marek and Bazely would have been a pleasure to watch because when they would get double teamed they would find the open man. Not force feed a brick even when double or triple teamed. But most of all Bazely wouldn't miss 2-3 layups and have 2-3 of his shots blocked for runouts every game. True Dat.
I mean this isn’t even debatable.

It's all a guess. Maybe Baz would have had to sit for a minute for not playing D.

If Bazely were here then we would be living in an alternative universe, and I would believe everything I watched on Ancient Aliens. ( My hair would also be much more unruly.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom