If Carey and Nate Commit... | Syracusefan.com

If Carey and Nate Commit...

JazzNC

Starter
Assuming we land Carey and Nate follows, we'll have a class of Bazely, Carey, Roberts, and Buddy. Pretty nice class!

Is there one more spot open? If so, who else might we go after? Or is it on to 2019?

Assuming we land Carey and Nate follows, we'll have a class of Bazely, Carey, Roberts, and Buddy. Pretty nice class!

Is there one more spot open? If so, who else might we go after? Or is it on to 2019?

We would also have Hughes, but he is technically 2017.

I forgot about Hughes... yes he's got to be included in 2018. So would that make us done for 2018, or does TT's departure change things?

Well we get a scholly back and will get TT, Battle and Thorpe. So that would be 4. Roberts isn't going to play the middle so we probably go after a 5 who can alter shots like Carrigan or someone similar.

Well we get a scholly back and will get TT, Battle and Thorpe. So that would be 4. Roberts isn't going to play the middle so we probably go after a 5 who can alter shots like Carrigan or someone similar.

Are we in on any other bigs besides Carrigan? I've read that he's trending away from Syracuse..

Are we in on any other bigs besides Carrigan? I've read that he's trending away from Syracuse..
I don't know how in we are but Kofi and Ajax would be two. I think it's an issue personally. I love Sidibe but we really need someone else who can play the middle. I just don't think that Roberts is that kid but if he is 6'11" now maybe he can. I'm not sure what iommi and dasher think about that.

I don't know how in we are but Kofi and Ajax would be two. I think it's an issue personally. I love Sidibe but we really need someone else who can play the middle. I just don't think that Roberts is that kid but if he is 6'11" now maybe he can. I'm not sure what iommi and dasher think about that.

I think we are looking at Roberts as a center.

He is a good rebounder he just isn't a shot blocker. We are going to be great on the wings and up top. We are just a shot blocker away from being elite with our zone personnel.

I'm not sold. He couldn't stay on the court due to foul trouble and being out of position. Our big recruiting and development since Rak left has been below average at best. I'm hoping Sidibe can change that.

He is a good rebounder he just isn't a shot blocker. We are going to be great on the wings and up top. We are just a shot blocker away from being elite with our zone personnel.
The zone can be good without a big time shot blocker, so long as the center positions himself well.

The zone can be good without a big time shot blocker, so long as the center positions himself well.
Good point. Blocked shots are nice, but when the shot doesn't get blocked and it puts you out of position, it gives up easy offensive rebounds and putbacks. I either want a center that can block shots without going out of his position or a good positional defensive center that can inhibit shots in the lane and be in position to rebound.

Good point. Blocked shots are nice, but when the shot doesn't get blocked and it puts you out of position, it gives up easy offensive rebounds and putbacks. I either want a center that can block shots without going out of his position or a good positional defensive center that can inhibit shots in the lane and be in position to rebound.

Your last sentence describes both ways Sidibe plays defense. You guys will be very happy with his defense if he plays the way he did in high school. I'm not sure Roberts will bring much defensively. I only want him because the staff does. I'm not impressed by what I've seen but I trust Red.

yup. I believe arinze blocked the lowest pct of shots of any starting center in the zone era (excluding last year's dismal performance), yet he anchored the best defensive team we've had

Arinze was a tank. Roberts is skinnier than Lydon. We need to figure out the 5 as much as we need to figure out PG if we ever are going to compete against UNC or Louisville and their monsters inside in this conference.

Arinze was a tank. Roberts is skinnier than Lydon. We need to figure out the 5 as much as we need to figure out PG if we ever are going to compete against UNC or Louisville and their monsters inside in this conference.
boo will do

Arinze was also in year 5 in our system. I'm fine with a good defensive center who doesn't block shots and I think Sidibe will be elite on the defensive end. I just am really concerned about our depth and don't think Roberts helps much with 5 depth. I trust the staff though.

Arinze was also in year 5 in our system. I'm fine with a good defensive center who doesn't block shots and I think Sidibe will be elite on the defensive end. I just am really concerned about our depth and don't think Roberts helps much with 5 depth. I trust the staff though.

Agreed. Arinze had great production for 3 years though. I think he had a better career here than Christmas. Probably our best all around center since Etan IMO.

Where have our "junk in the trunk" centers like Arinze, Rick, Jeremy, Otis gone?

I don't know how in we are but Kofi and Ajax would be two. I think it's an issue personally. I love Sidibe but we really need someone else who can play the middle. I just don't think that Roberts is that kid but if he is 6'11" now maybe he can. I'm not sure what iommi and dasher think about that.[/QUOTE
You said "Ajax".

I think Kofi Cockburn is that type of player. Love his game.
So, my cousin from Utah is in town with her daughter, and I'm showing them around some campuses. We're at USC, and the basketball staff and some recruits with family are going through campus on golf carts; damn Jason Hart looks the same as he was in 2000, must be pushing 40 years and still looks young...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom