If even 98% Healthy - How Far Are We? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If even 98% Healthy - How Far Are We?

Think a difference between those examples may have been a change of tempo to try and minimize Clemson possessions this weekend. Anyone, please correct me if I’m wrong. But I feel like we ditched up-tempo vs Clemson and it helps for about 3 quarters.

Completely agree. Not that we’ve always played uptempo but def looked like Dino was taking a page out of Marrones playbook and tried slowing the game down to keep it close

Its the "youth" across the board.. Its the fact this is our first year with both OC and DC and they had nearly zero time to prep for the season the right way.. That's why the play is so uneven.. now add injuries in key positions.. it makes the situation even worse

Other than how bad this season has gone, there are a lot of similarities this season to past losing seasons in the last 4 years - that don’t include injuries. I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable at this point to start waiting for evidence of improvement before blindly accepting the coaching staff is going to turn things around

If that healthy I think we are a true #1 WR away and maybe another big body in the middle of the D.
Need to go to the transfer portal to get a top-notch WR who is ready to play. Same with the DL and OL.

Other than how bad this season has gone, there are a lot of similarities this season to past losing seasons in the last 4 years - that don’t include injuries. I don’t think it’s completely unreasonable at this point to start waiting for evidence of improvement before blindly accepting the coaching staff is going to turn things around
You have a point up to where you said "blindly accepting". I watch film/tape.. i know what i am looking at and what i am looking for in most position groups... Although i do not have direct experience teaching OL technique i have been around them and know what i am looking for. I trust what i see on tape enough to make the statement that we will be serviceable on the OL in 21.. as long as we get healthy.. and that's without spending a lot of time looking at bliech… that's not to say the coaches haven't made some mistakes.. they have ..going all the way back to 2019.. But I am pretty confident in my statement and i am confident in my evaluation of our OL.. which is if all healthy we have average talent on the OL.. enough to be serviceable

Think a difference between those examples may have been a change of tempo to try and minimize Clemson possessions this weekend. Anyone, please correct me if I’m wrong. But I feel like we ditched up-tempo vs Clemson and it helps for about 3 quarters.
Clemson ran 84 plays 24 more than us.

You have a point up to where you said "blindly accepting". I watch film/tape.. i know what i am looking at and what i am looking for in most position groups... Although i do not have direct experience teaching OL technique i have been around them and know what i am looking for. I trust what i see on tape enough to make the statement that we will be serviceable on the OL in 21.. as long as we get healthy.. and that's without spending a lot of time looking at bliech… that's not to say the coaches haven't made some mistakes.. they have ..going all the way back to 2019.. But I am pretty confident in my statement and i am confident in my evaluation of our OL.. which is if all healthy we have average talent on the OL.. enough to be serviceable

My apologies for saying “blindly accepting” and it wasn’t directed at you even though we were discussing with each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom