If Hopkins gets a Power Six offer in the offseason, should Jim step aside? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If Hopkins gets a Power Six offer in the offseason, should Jim step aside?

Should Jim step aside for Mike if need be?

• Yes, even forcibly removed by the AD if need be

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Yes, but only on his own accord

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No, because he's earned to leave when he chooses

Votes: 51 71.8%
  • No, because Hopkins is worth losing

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
So now JB is Leno and Hopkins is Conan O"Brien?

Looking for JB to move on. No questioning what he has accomplished, but at times his behavior is just such a negative for the University, not to mention how it reflects on his own reputation. If he could avoid press conferences after he loses it would help, but that's not gonna happen. His run ins with the press are becoming more frequent and if his team actually had a further losing streak, it would get really ugly.

He's not going to be forced out because of run-ins with the press. A further losing streak would be 3.

Unless something has changed, he and Juli were planning to take the family to a Hawaii early season tournament.
LOL, and we ALL know what JB thinks of Hawaii!! He would rather be in Syracuse than on the beach in Hawaii. I just couldn't resist this one.

i just wish i could somehow get myself a press pass. if you think JB doesn't care for these easy softballs being lobbed at him now just wait til he gets a taste of a fastball high and inside ! ZINNGG! comments?

i just wish i could somehow get myself a press pass. if you think JB doesn't care for these easy softballs being lobbed at him now just wait til he gets a taste of a fastball high and inside ! ZINNGG! comments?

Call into his show: 315-424-8599 or 1-888-746-2873.

Anyone who thinks that JB should be forced to retire is out of their minds. He is a hall of fame coach. He is the face of Syracuse University Sports, He is regarded as one of the best minds in all of basketball He should be and will be allowed to coach as long as he wants. If Hop decides that he wants to take another job i wish him luck.

I am concerned about coach worship and all the negative impacts it has at strong programs. Very seldom do these "legend" type coaches who have built their own program decide to exit at the right time or do it willingly or without a mess. The program usually takes a hit as a result. Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno come to mind as recent examples. JB has earned a lot of leeway, but if he makes a decision to leave at just the right time for him and the program, that would be an anomaly. I hope JB is different, but if a smooth exit at just the right time is what everybody is expecting, most likely they will be disappointed.

I am concerned about coach worship and all the negative impacts it has at strong programs. Very seldom do these "legend" type coaches who have built their own program decide to exit at the right time or do it willingly or without a mess. The program usually takes a hit as a result. Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno come to mind as recent examples. JB has earned a lot of leeway, but if he makes a decision to leave at just the right time for him and the program, that would be an anomaly. I hope JB is different, but if a smooth exit at just the right time is what everybody is expecting, most likely they will be disappointed.

I think that as long as Mike doesn't leave, the transition is going to position the next coach for success. Just look at how our recruiting has been going for the last 5 years or so. We are right up there consistently in the top 10 pretty much every year. So long as we leave Mike with a stocked roster, that will give him the tools with which to start his own career as head coach with players, facilities and the Dome. I haven't seen recruiting fall off, and so long as we land a couple more good classes (no reason to think we won't...), then Mike will get the best hand off he possibly could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom