If I am Dino, I have this hanging in my office. | Syracusefan.com

If I am Dino, I have this hanging in my office.

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Yeah, I get it. One game at a time, whatever.

Actually, in about 10 days this number goes up by 1 so maybe we need something more automatic than a poster copy :)

upload_2017-8-11_10-31-12.png

Yeah, I get it. One game at a time, whatever.

Actually, in about 10 days this number goes up by 1 so maybe we need something more automatic than a poster copy :)

View attachment 106680

Well if we go 3-0, I fully expect this to end with the inflated ranking we have right now. We have no business receiving votes but it'll be nice to get this monkey off our back and have a ranking going into the LSU game.

Well if we go 3-0, I fully expect this to end with the inflated ranking we have right now. We have no business receiving votes but it'll be nice to get this monkey off our back and have a ranking going into the LSU game.
I don't know that our first three games are against anyone well known enough to move the needle. I think beating NC State and then Pitt to get us to 5-1 would be the first serious chance we'd have.

I don't know that our first three games are against anyone well known enough to move the needle. I think beating NC State and then Pitt to get us to 5-1 would be the first serious chance we'd have.

it'll certainly depend on what happens to the teams above us and how well we look. TV would love the LSU game being a battle vs ranked teams from northeast/south.

We could definitely move up in the other receiving votes category if we go out and beat our first three opponents with scores of 50-0, but I don't think that'd be enough to get into the top 25, as the competition just isn't strong enough. However, if we hang tight with LSU and then beat NC State on the road, I could definitely see the top 25 as a possibility.

it'll certainly depend on what happens to the teams above us and how well we look. TV would love the LSU game being a battle vs ranked teams from northeast/south.
It'll also depend on other teams close to us above or below. If a team below us has a hot start and beats a well respected team while doing it they could leap frog us. TV may love a ranked North/South matchup, but that won't help us get ranked higher, especially since we've been irrelevant for so long. As somone alluded to above, winning the first three in convincing fashion may be enough for people to look our way. After that, our next 2-3 games could get us there with wins.

This is the AP Poll - SU is receiving votes in the Coaches Poll, but I doubt that will be the case with the AP when it comes out.

Hopefully you're right and this does come to an end after a dominating 3-0 start to the season, but as of right now there is no currently inflated ranking in the AP poll to build off of.

Please send to BOT, Sevyrud & Wildhack. Let them know that's what happened when you don't support the football program, when you delay a Dome redo and finally, when you don't pay to keep Dino once he gets us there!

How frickin embarrassing...

There is no way in hell that a team that received 3 votes will be ranked after beating Central Conn, MTSU(who is a good team) and CMU. No chance. 4-0 after LSU? of course.
We would have to have won the first 3 games by a score of 231-0, then probably those also getting votes if where we would be...

It's been rough. For 15 years, with a few bright spots here and there. 3 bowl wins ironically enough.

yeah, I think 2010, 2012 and 2013 are the only 3 bright spot seasons. Even with the four blowout losses in 2013 it felt good to end up with a winning record overall in our first year in the ACC. A good feeling that ended with the 'Nova game to start 2014...

How many AP polls a year? This is like 15 years yes? Maybe there's a reason they don't want to invest in a dead program.

How many AP polls a year? This is like 15 years yes? Maybe there's a reason they don't want to invest in a dead program.

Eats popcorn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom