If I'm BJ's dad... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If I'm BJ's dad...

Scotiacuse said:
BJ's dad actually posts here - you should delete your post.

If I'm BJs dad Id be proud as to see a post like this on a message board that is normally pretty hard on players.

And in pretty sure OP is aware that his dad hangs here..

If I'm BJs dad Id be proud as to see a post like this on a message board that is normally pretty hard on players.

And in pretty sure OP is aware that his dad hangs here..

that was actually my edited post, and given my 1st draft I was glad for the heads up

Why was Boeheim riding BJ so hard though? There were about 3-4 times during a timeout where BJ was getting an earful. Was it his zone defense?

My friend and I were texting during the game last night and both of us said, nearly simultaneously, that BJ is this team's Josh Pace. He will be an energy guy off the bench who will stuff the stat line every night. When you read the box score the next day your eyes will bug as you ask "he did all THAT?". It was a quiet "all that" but yes he did.

This team will score bunches when TRobe and C-Mac settle down and start hitting those short hooks and banks. They must have missed 15 really good looks between them in the first half last night. Clearly the two best ALL AROUND young forwards we have had in a awhile. Jerami didn't have the moves Robe does.

Don't crucify me for this because I know it is only one game against inferior competition but I saw a kid who plays within himself, seems to have a nose for the ball and just seems to make plays.

The name that kept popping into my head as I watched the game was CJ as a frosh and a soph.

Great game for BJ. Hope he is the microwave off the bench, providing a scoring spark when needed. He's got that ability to score off of a lot of garbage, like Lawrence Moten used to. I love those types of players, kids who just know what place to be in at the right time. I hope he continues to excel and provides the 3 point stroke we need.

I'm very happy that Bean got it going tonight in all phases of the game. He will continue to work hard to improve. Just be ready to go when called. Of course I pointed out his flat jumpers hey I'm a dad/coach.

I loved the back-door cut that BJ made in the first half that led to a layup. His defender turned his head to watch Kaleb's drive, and BJ made the correct read and fundamental play in that situation. Did dad teach him that? ;)

I loved the back-door cut that BJ made in the first half that led to a layup. His defender turned his head to watch Kaleb's drive, and BJ made the correct read and fundamental play in that situation. Did dad teach him that? ;)
This was the game winning play in the semis 2013. Hopefully we can get more of th same and then some.

This was the game winning play in the semis 2013. Hopefully we can get more of th same and then some.

That looks like the same cut, just from the opposite corner. :)

What's noteworthy on this play is that he sets up his defender for the cut, walking him out past the arc and then cutting behind. I love watching a player take advantage of his defender's overplay. I also love the bounce pass delivered here.

If he continues to execute fundamental plays like this, and to show the aggressive "never assume a make" mentality on the offensive glass he displayed Friday night, BJ will likely be one of my favorites by the time his career at Syracuse is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom