If I'm Marrone I sit Broyld down and | Syracusefan.com

If I'm Marrone I sit Broyld down and

GoSU96

Living Legend
have him watch Vernon Davis and Aaron Hernandez tapes and say, "Son, if you want to have a chance at the next level, this is the position for you."

That's assuming he could put some weight on and has good hands...

But yeah - that guy in space against a linebacker? Whoosh.

Been saying that all year. He is in the mold of Kenny Britt, but bigger. They move similarly, Britt ended up at WR but was in a hybrid role at Rutty. AB would be a nightmare against a LB in space.

Belichek is the mastermind behind maximizing value out of TE's. Marrone is beginning to employ a similar up-tempo, no-huddle offense.

Let's see the kid do work.

They have to figure something out quick because it sounds like Zach will be given the keys to the sports car next year. Broyld is too damn talented to waste.

Broyld=Hernandez. I love it. Hernandez even lines up in the backfield. Creates a real substitution issue. Unless of course he can't catch but I imagine he can based on playing QB in high school and his athleticism.

Ironically I was thinking the same thing earlier today as I was on one of my mindless hours long interstate drives today. He would dominate this position, considering if he has the hands for it.

I agree. Him and Thompson have the ability to be dynamic together. I hope Marrone and co will make the change.

SU has some good tight ends in the pipeline. Ditto with rb. Don't think Broyld will end up in either of those positions. Outside of QB, I would vote for split end...

If I'm Marrone, I sit Broyld down and ask him where he got those sweet moves.

tumblr_mezhn3Wwbs1rmiwqco1_250.gif
tumblr_mezhszaWIR1rmiwqco1_250.gif
tumblr_mezhq3nstZ1rmiwqco1_250.gif

tumblr_mezhxiLg5e1rmiwqco1_250.gif
tumblr_meziahB62g1rmiwqco1_250.gif

Still want him at QB.

Want him with the ball every snap.

If I'm Marrone, I sit Broyld down and ask him where he got those sweet moves.

tumblr_mezhn3Wwbs1rmiwqco1_250.gif
tumblr_mezhszaWIR1rmiwqco1_250.gif
tumblr_mezhq3nstZ1rmiwqco1_250.gif

tumblr_mezhxiLg5e1rmiwqco1_250.gif
tumblr_meziahB62g1rmiwqco1_250.gif

Where in the hell did you find that? If I was PTG, I would've whacked him in the balls haha.

i posted that TE was his best shot at the nfl a while ago still would love to see him at QB

Where in the hell did you find that? If I was PTG, I would've whacked him in the balls haha.
My niece dances much better.

BTW, I agree on Broyld as a TE...was thinking that watching the game last night.

That's assuming he could put some weight on and has good hands...

But yeah - that guy in space against a linebacker? Whoosh.
i think it's safe to assume he could put weight on

have him watch Vernon Davis and Aaron Hernandez tapes and say, "Son, if you want to have a chance at the next level, this is the position for you."
Show him video of Vernon Davis's house on Cribs

i can only find it in french

Agreed, I think it's pretty evident if the staff felt that Broyld was the clear answer post Nassib he would have been either redshirted as a qb and brought along slowly or used situationally at the qb spot this year and taken snaps there all year That said, I think the staff needs to find him a spot and should start there as I do agree he is an exceptional athlete. H back, TE hybrid, whatever but he needs to be on the field more. I don't think we will ever see Broyld at QB but there is plenty of room at LB if need be. It's pretty clear he wants to play offense and as GO said if he wants a whiff at the league TE looks to be his best spot. He doesn't need much weight to be TE...

But that said, some of the best athletes on a football team never really find a position, Daryl Kennedy was a sick athlete as well. Joe Fields, etc etc. Like I said, wouldn't be the first time a great athlete doesn't do much as a college football player.

Even Pete Holohan had to switch positions when he went to ND, was he backing up Montana can't remember, his Mom was my babysitter. I still say he was the best athlete from Liverpool ever put out there. Incredible

Has anyone really seen Broyld play QB in person? We all seem to be concluding he can't win the QB job (and maybe he can't) but what tells us he can't? DM promised him a shot at QB so I presume that he will get his reps in spring ball and then we may have a better idea what he can and can't do. Until then, I just don't understand all the negative forecasts for this kid (at QB).

What tells me that he won't play qb at Syracuse is the staff doesn't think he can after watching him play the position a lot more than any of us have. A staff that feeds their families by winning football games for Syracuse University. Sure I love having our best athlete at qb but as I stated most teams don't have their best athlete at qb. I never saw Bo Jackson play qb? There are a ton of high school qbs that never play a down of the position in college football

Has anyone really seen Broyld play QB in person? We all seem to be concluding he can't win the QB job (and maybe he can't) but what tells us he can't? DM promised him a shot at QB so I presume that he will get his reps in spring ball and then we may have a better idea what he can and can't do. Until then, I just don't understand all the negative forecasts for this kid (at QB).

Put it this way... the O staff (Hack & Marrone) wouldn't have gone out and handpicked 2 QB's (especially ZA who they are in love with) this year if they thought AB was the answer. Writing is on the wall in bold.

What tells me that he won't play qb at Syracuse is the staff doesn't think he can after watching him play the position a lot more than any of us have. A staff that feeds their families by winning football games for Syracuse University. Sure I love having our best athlete at qb but as I stated most teams don't have their best athlete at qb. I never saw Bo Jackson play qb? There are a ton of high school qbs that never play a down of the position in college football

Dion Sanders didn't play QB, neither did Charles Woodson.

The problem with Broyld is that he isn't a 4.4 guy, he is not a WR.

Put it this way... the O staff (Hack & Marrone) wouldn't have gone out and handpicked 2 QB's (especially ZA who they are in love with) this year if they thought AB was the answer. Writing is on the wall in bold.
I am not so sure. Following that logic why recruit Gus and Laray? We certainly are well stocked at RB.

I am not so sure. Following that logic why recruit Gus and Laray? We certainly are well stocked at RB.
Roster balance. Need more RB's than QB's.

That's fine... think as you wish. Completely different situation at RB.

doug needs not to worry about next year just yet. just pack some
9k=
and enjoy christmas. then beat the mountain men

TE or OLB.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online