If I'm Marrone I sit Broyld down and | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If I'm Marrone I sit Broyld down and

OK, I did. I was talking about offense and our production this year. I said nothing about wins or losses. We are indeed in a great position.

Exactly. Agree 100%. The difference on offense has been remarkable. AB will get his chances.

OK, I did. I was talking about offense and our production this year. I said nothing about wins or losses. We are indeed in a great position.
And I said Broyld was under-used.

And I said Broyld was under-used.

I think the point was all the weapons...record settineg QB & Receiver (Lemon), 1000 yarder receiver and rusher but we cab still say we have more weapons because we think AB is under used,,,,by that standard we are in a great position...peopler sre too sensative on hear

I think the point was all the weapons...record settineg QB & Receiver (Lemon), 1000 yarder receiver and rusher but we cab still say we have more weapons because we think AB is under used,,,,by that standard we are in a great position...peopler sre too sensative on hear
Here's my point. There were some on this board that droned on about all of AB's so-called faults. He was "over-hyped" - is that his fault? He puts the ball on the carpet - was that one time? - he sure wasn't alone there. Others that fumbled weren't benched a game for it. Some seemed to allude to "inside info." that he has bad hands. How long did it take West to show that he was a dependable, talented receiver? I thought he caught the ball just fine in the few chances he was given in games. And by the way, he is a real YAC threat.
I only know what I saw watching every game except the cliffhanger against Stony Brook where I understand he made a crucial, maybe game-saving TD run. A loss there would have messed the season. Could we have used him just ONCE like Cinci did when they caught us with the halfback pass that was a dagger in that game? When we were struggling early in the season with the red zone conversions, could we have found a way to let some him make a north-south play instead a slow developing sweep? Maybe I am too "sensative"?

Here's my point. There were some on this board that droned on about all of AB's so-called faults. He was "over-hyped" - is that his fault? He puts the ball on the carpet - was that one time? - he sure wasn't alone there. Others that fumbled weren't benched a game for it. Some seemed to allude to "inside info." that he has bad hands. How long did it take West to show that he was a dependable, talented receiver? I thought he caught the ball just fine in the few chances he was given in games. And by the way, he is a real YAC threat.
I only know what I saw watching every game except the cliffhanger against Stony Brook where I understand he made a crucial, maybe game-saving TD run. A loss there would have messed the season. Could we have used him just ONCE like Cinci did when they caught us with the halfback pass that was a dagger in that game? When we were struggling early in the season with the red zone conversions, could we have found a way to let some him make a north-south play instead a slow developing sweep? Maybe I am too "sensative"?

I am a big fan of AB but I don't remember his being slammed on this forum. Yeah, he fumbled - once - big deal. He was also injured and he may just not have fit in to the game plans that much. It is hard to argue with results. As the line plan improved both Smith and PTG looked great. The need for AB was just not that great. I am betting he will see PT in the Pinstripe.

Nest season Marrone will give AB his shot as promised and then if he does not win the job he will probably be converted to another position - but not before he gets beat out at QB. I don't think you can play QB without having good hands. I would bet on slot or TE if he does not win the QB job. Think of it this way - if he wins the QB job over the competition he will be something special. If not, he will move to another position and will be something special. This kid is not siting on the bench next year.

How long has it been since we have had these interesting position competitions?
Go Orange - beat WVA!

There were also a couple games if yoou listened to the presser he was banged up. I think we all need to understand the coaches are at every practice and know more than we do. If I recall the game after the fumble he was not benched because of the fumble, but I thought Marrone said he was injured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom