If I'm Marrone I sit Broyld down and | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If I'm Marrone I sit Broyld down and

Semantics when you call him a rb, te or wr. Just simply line him up in different spots offensively and hand or pass him the ball. He can line up anywhere and just find ways to make it work...in the slot, behind the qb at the te position or wide, just don't be locked into a 70's type thinking. My question is how well he blocks or catches the ball and that might have an effect on where they put him.

Semantics when you call him a rb, te or wr. Just simply line him up in different spots offensively and hand or pass him the ball. He can line up anywhere and just find ways to make it work...in the slot, behind the qb at the te position or wide, just don't be locked into a 70's type thinking. My question is how well he blocks or catches the ball and that might have an effect on where they put him.

I kind of agree with this. My only issue is that sometimes it's best to "major" in one position than "minor" in a bunch. Plus, he doesn't have a personal coach - I'd bet it's best to have him in a position where he's getting daily attention from one coach...

This sounds a lot like the issue Pitt had with Doren Dickerson.

WR to LB to TE I believe. I think he did really well at TE.

This sounds a lot like the issue Pitt had with Doren Dickerson.

WR to LB to TE I believe. I think he did really well at TE.

Good comparison.

I think this will be one of the more interesting stories this spring. He's so dangerous when he gets the football, but is he really a running back? It's kind of frustrating having him without knowing what to do with him.

TE or OLB.

Is that real info? I don't think either of those positions will maximize his potential. He seems best with the ball in his hands and isn't much of a blocker.

Is that real info? I don't think either of those positions will maximize his potential. He seems best with the ball in his hands and isn't much of a blocker.

No, not real info. Just my opinion wsince before he stepped on campus.

Is the reverence some of you guys have for Broyld's ability from seeing him in high school and/or at practice, or from games?

Because to be honest, while he looked good at times this season, I can't say that I was blown away. That's not a knock, he's a frosh and apparently has struggled to pick up the mental aspect of the game. But I just can't say that there were a lot of plays where I thought "WHOA, this kid is undeniably special".

I'm no great evaluator of talent though, so I'll cop to being way off about that assessment if someone wants to correct me.

Is the reverence some of you guys have for Broyld's ability from seeing him in high school and/or at practice, or from games?

Because to be honest, while he looked good at times this season, I can't say that I was blown away. That's not a knock, he's a frosh and apparently has struggled to pick up the mental aspect of the game. But I just can't say that there were a lot of plays where I thought "WHOA, this kid is undeniably special".

I'm no great evaluator of talent though, so I'll cop to being way off about that assessment if someone wants to correct me.
That is exactly what I'm thinking too.

I kept waiting to see more of the guy because everyone was talking about how he's a difference maker.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

He's not a special football player (yet) but he is a special athlete. It's up to him and the coaching staff to find his best position and realize his potential.

Did you watch the Uconn game? He took out two Uconn players one at the LOS, and one 8 yds up field on a sweep where he was blocking. He knocked one of the out of the game, at least for a half.

They gave him the ball four times in a row in the UConn game and he made two first downs. He was a bull with agility. He is special.

I kind of agree with this. My only issue is that sometimes it's best to "major" in one position than "minor" in a bunch. Plus, he doesn't have a personal coach - I'd bet it's best to have him in a position where he's getting daily attention from one coach...

Great point about the coaching and overload on assignments. As Richard Prior used to say about Jim Brown in one of his skits..."Just gimme the ball".

I have said this once before-- I have seen Broyld play QB in HS ball a few times, and he was excellent. With the exception of Ray Rice he is the best NY football player I have seen live-- much better than Greg Paulas. With that said, maybe he can help the team more at TE or DE/LB... I don't know I'm not a coach or a scout.

He can throw a nice ball (nice deep balls especially), and most of you on this board have seen this year he can run pretty well. If they put him at QB I think he would succeed.

Great point about the coaching and overload on assignments. As Richard Prior used to say about Jim Brown in one of his skits..."Just gimme the ball".
I mentioned this back in the spring or summer. Someone said playing WR or RB is a good way to learn what the QB is doing. I think that is up to the individual player. Not sure it is the best scenario for AB.

They gave him the ball four times in a row in the UConn game and he made two first downs. He was a bull with agility. He is special.
I think Broyld got a bad deal this year. There were plenty of times to take advantage of his talent and he was relegated to mostly be a spectator. I don't think anyone on offense showed his acceleration. This isn't "reverence", it's just my opinion. He should have had more touches and he should have been developed more than he was. I hope the coaching staff doesn't repeat the mistake next year.

H-Back all the way if you ask me. I want to see him coming out of the backfield on screens, and split out.

I think Broyld got a bad deal this year. There were plenty of times to take advantage of his talent and he was relegated to mostly be a spectator. I don't think anyone on offense showed his acceleration. This isn't "reverence", it's just my opinion. He should have had more touches and he should have been developed more than he was. I hope the coaching staff doesn't repeat the mistake next year.
We are in a great position when we can have an all-time record setting offense, 1000 yard guy at WR and RB, NFL QB, and we still hear complaints that someone was underused.

We are in a great position when we can have an all-time record setting offense, 1000 yard guy at WR and RB, NFL QB, and we still hear complaints that someone was underused.
Good point!

You think 5 losses is a great position?

Re-read your post.
OK, I did. I was talking about offense and our production this year. I said nothing about wins or losses. We are indeed in a great position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom