If LSU wins tomorrow | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If LSU wins tomorrow

all i can think of with lsu winning is how desperately usc wants a title and screwed over coach o lmao

I wonder how much having the game in NO had to do with the result.

the big difference in Clemson last yr and this is that this yrs Version required constant mixing of pressure groupings since they didnt have the elite dline that could generate consistent pressure by themselves. This worked against lesser teams but when you have 3-4-5 elite WR options the lack of a safety means getting over the top shots is gonna be there and LSU when the blocking held up found them.

With Texas, fair enough. But Bama and Auburn were just outside the Top 10 in the latest CFP rankings at #12 and #13. If they had beaten LSU in their games, they would be in the Top 10. LSU shouldn't be punished for they themselves knocking those teams down.
If we went back to look at other greats, couldn't it also have been a possibility that they knocked teams out of the top ten?

Last edited:
It there a difference between one of the greatest and one of the most accomplished?

LSU has an all time great passing offense. so did BYU in the 80s.

when we played miami in their run not only did we not think we could stop them we didnt think we could make first downs and in some games it felt like we didnt.

the all time great teams are mostly dominant on both sides of the ball. I will say that they played better D down the stretch but I dont think OK was really that solid on offense if you really watched them play they struggled in a lot of games on offense but they were crazy explosive at times. Clemson had issues too, but it was more about play calling to me with them.

LSU might have passed on all these teams we think were great, but I dont know if they would have stopped any of them either and most of the great teams would have generated pass rush with 4 guys and given them fits on D too.

still maybe they are top 25-30 great and thats still pretty good.

LSU has an all time great passing offense. so did BYU in the 80s.

when we played miami in their run not only did we not think we could stop them we didnt think we could make first downs and in some games it felt like we didnt.

the all time great teams are mostly dominant on both sides of the ball. I will say that they played better D down the stretch but I dont think OK was really that solid on offense if you really watched them play they struggled in a lot of games on offense but they were crazy explosive at times. Clemson had issues too, but it was more about play calling to me with them.

LSU might have passed on all these teams we think were great, but I dont know if they would have stopped any of them either and most of the great teams would have generated pass rush with 4 guys and given them fits on D too.

still maybe they are top 25-30 great and thats still pretty good.

LSU was 11th in the country in defensive efficiency.

That 1984 BYU title team beat #3 Pitt in their opener, and then didn't play a ranked team the rest of the year. And they beat some of those mediocre WAC teams by only a few points.

Are we arguing based on stats or what people think?

its like the bettors who play based on teams cover stats and ignore backdoor covers or scoring on crazy fumble returns on the last play of the game.

Clemson wins that game if they call a better game on offense, they were up 17-7 had LSU flustered, their best player ran for 5+ a carry and ran the ball only 15 times. his backup ran for 9 yds a carry this yr and had 1 carry.

as a team they ran for 6 yds a carry and yet they threw the ball 37 times at under 50%.. they wore the D out

go look at the box score.. 3rd quarter clemson cuts it to 3

run. pass. run run run run score.. (down 3)

pass pass pass pass punt (down 3)
run (for 6) pass pass pass pass punt
run pass pass punt (still only down 10)
pass pass pass pass pass pass pass punt

so after cutting it to 3 and with 4 possessions down less than 10.
2 runs 18 passes.

how much do OC make at Clemson?

from down 3 the best player they have touched the ball 2 more times.. 2.. i repeat 2..

its it any coincidence they won big when they started running last year and letting Etiene go crazy? same for this yr. they only beat us last yr because trevor got hurt and they let the oline do its thing

Lawrence thrives off teams having to sell out to stop the run and throwing to elite guys who can win the 1-1 game.