If LSU wins tomorrow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If LSU wins tomorrow

From a conference perspective, I’d love to see the SEC put up an all-time type team (after Clemson dispatched Bama last year) and get housed again. The SEC media is unbearable. ACC owning them year after year would be great.

From a conference perspective, I’d love to see the SEC put up an all-time type team (after Clemson dispatched Bama last year) and get housed again. The SEC media is unbearable. ACC owning them year after year would be great.
A little weird to classify as “acc owning them” when everything behind clemson in the conference is junk this year. We don’t want any part of an acc/sec challenge.

A little weird to classify as “acc owning them” when everything behind clemson in the conference is junk this year. We don’t want any part of an acc/sec challenge.

Yeah that's kind of ridiculous. ACC's 2nd best team would likely finish 5th in the SEC West.

How would they be punished? 6 wins over the top 13 is excellent.
It makes sense to me that when comparing, look at the performance of the teams they played in games other than the ones they played against LSU. As Eric said, probably seven would have been in the top 10.

But we're comparing them to champions of the past. Were their records calculated the same way? Probably not.

Wish I could see the party on Bourbon St tonight after they win. Twitter stuff from last night was already pretty incredible.

I think we have an all time championship game tonight. OT - Clemson 51 to 45.

I'm going to be rooting for the only Orange team playing tonight... Need to keep the ACC relevant when so many other teams are down within the conference.

They have to be considered one of the greatest college football teams of all-time along with teams like 2001 Miami, 1995 Nebraska, etc.

Prior to this season, the record for most AP Top 10 wins in one season was five. If LSU beats Clemson, they will have seven.

um...'59 orange.

what does final score have to do with any of that?

if you are losing by 1 all game and score twice in the last minute did you win easily?

the question was are they an all time team.

up 1 score with 5 min to go with Ala is a struggle
losing mid 3rd to Aub is a struggle
up 14 mid 4th with Ol miss having the ball twice to cut it to 1 score is a struggle
losing mid 3rd to florida is a struggle
up 6 with 4 min to go vs texas is a struggle

are they an all time elite team? Dont see it. Are they one of the best offenses I think so. Crazy good WR and very good QB. But they would really struggle against some of the those elite teams on D. Maybe they just out score them.

To me they are what Florida was when Neb beat them in 1995 which won me a ton of money. Florida beat #8/21/7/6/23 that yr so they were pretty good too.

I dont think they handle some of those Miami/ Fl st teams because they are not physical enough

Still think they beat Clemson though. Clemson is not as goodthis yr i dont think, but if Clemson wins they get into the discussion for having done it over a period of time.

If you apply this consistently, have there ever been any All-time great football teams? 2001 Miami had some close games, so did 2004 USC and 2005 Texas. And I’d contend that 2019 LSU has a significantly tougher schedule than those previously mentioned all-time great teams had.

There hasn’t been a team in the modern game that has blown out every single team they played.

its not about blowing out every team.. its about dominating most games. more passing and scoring is skewing some pt totals these days.

yeah miami had a few close games but they also had a streych of wins were they won by 30-50 and 8 games where they allowed under 1 TD..

Neb 95 was much the same.

i dont think Texas 05 is an all time team., they had an all time player.

LSU: Goes into Tuscaloosa in one of the biggest regular season games in recent memory, in one of the most difficult places to win in sports, beats a stacked team under one of the greatest coaches of all-time in front of record viewership, a full house, and even the president: “they struggled”

2001 Miami squeaks by a VTech team who had no top 25 wins, and wins at mediocre BC thanks to a last second full field pick 6 by Ed reed: “yeah, you’re not gonna blow out everyone” but they crushed Rutgers, and Temple, an awful WVU and Troy and barely allowed any TDS in those games.

I’m just not buying it.

I thought if LSU won .. it would be despite their coaching vs clemsons .. turns out they both outplayed and out coached clemson .. they had zero plan to contain chase .. ZERO ..

then they tried all this unnecessary razzle dazzle when they could just hand the ball to their best player .. that’s right I said it

I thought if LSU won .. it would be despite their coaching vs clemsons .. turns out they both outplayed and out coached clemson .. they had zero plan to contain chase .. ZERO ..

then they tried all this unnecessary razzle dazzle when they could just hand the ball to their best player .. that’s right I said it
Well, Oklahoma contained Chase...and Jefferson has 4 tds and 200+ yards. Marrying into LSU was a fantastic life choice!!

Well LSU was darn impressive last night. So much for my 88 world series correlation. Nice try Clemson but it was LSUs night last night.

I thought Clemson never really used their best play in the run/screen game and got caught up letting the QB try to win the game. Its the same reason they almost lost to us last yr..

Clemson D actually played pretty well and confused the LSU oline a bunch. but LSU has so many options and wins so many 1-1s on the outside they just wore down. they needed the offense to score a bit more to keep them off the field.

but you see what our D might look like next yr even with lesser athletes.

With no Joe next year, I'm curious if LSU can be as good.

Awful playcalling on offense did us in. Defense did enough at times to keep us in the game but Trevor having his worst game, coupled with not handing the ball to ETN sunk Clemson.

up 1 score with 5 min to go with Ala is a struggle
losing mid 3rd to Aub is a struggle
up 14 mid 4th with Ol miss having the ball twice to cut it to 1 score is a struggle
losing mid 3rd to florida is a struggle
up 6 with 4 min to go vs texas is a struggle

LSU beat a team that had not lost in two years by 17 points, but they were losing in the 2nd quarter, so does that constitute a struggle?

remember Ed O pitching for he SU job? Whats funny is he would no doubt have been an unmitigated disaster here. Dumpster fire proportions. That being said, I enjoyed my weekend down in LSU a few years ago, awesome atmosphere, great fanbase. Good for them.