If LSU wins tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

If LSU wins tomorrow

Eric15

Living Legend
They have to be considered one of the greatest college football teams of all-time along with teams like 2001 Miami, 1995 Nebraska, etc.

Prior to this season, the record for most AP Top 10 wins in one season was five. If LSU beats Clemson, they will have seven.

They have to be considered one of the greatest college football teams of all-time along with teams like 2001 Miami, 1995 Nebraska, etc.

Prior to this season, the record for most AP Top 10 wins in one season was five. If LSU beats Clemson, they will have seven.
We talking current top 10? Looks like that number would be 4. Not sure how time of play should count.

We talking current top 10? Looks like that number would be 4. Not sure how time of play should count.

With Texas, fair enough. But Bama and Auburn were just outside the Top 10 in the latest CFP rankings at #12 and #13. If they had beaten LSU in their games, they would be in the Top 10. LSU shouldn't be punished for they themselves knocking those teams down.

On the other side of the coin, if Clemson wins, don't they have to up there too? 30 straight wins, etc. (Despite the weak schedule - they will have beaten #1 and #2 in consecutive weeks.)

Would assume they would have a pretty standard national champion resume at that point. Win streak would be pretty crazy though

Is Lawrence the greatest College QB of all time if he wins

With Texas, fair enough. But Bama and Auburn were just outside the Top 10 in the latest CFP rankings at #12 and #13. If they had beaten LSU in their games, they would be in the Top 10. LSU shouldn't be punished for they themselves knocking those teams down.
How would they be punished? 6 wins over the top 13 is excellent.

I dont think LSU is one of the elite teams cause they really dont play solid D, but the Offense is right up there..

still some of those top teams dominated week after week. LSU had issues multiple games.

solid season though

I dont think LSU is one of the elite teams cause they really dont play solid D, but the Offense is right up there..

still some of those top teams dominated week after week. LSU had issues multiple games.

solid season though

What were the multiple games where LSU "had issues?"

if Clemson wins, they’ll be the only playoff team to have beaten SU.

What were the multiple games where LSU "had issues?"
Yeah, that’s nuts. The defense had injuries and they took time coming back so a couple blowouts got a little ugly late (ole miss) but they’ve been on fire the last four games with the full team...and now they even get sack leader Divinity back.

That's probably an overstatement after only two years and no Heismans but I think he would be safely in the Top 10-15 or so all-time and rising.

I mean, also helps when you're surrounded by 5 star talent while playing in an easier conference.

He's a phenomenal QB, but hard to imagine he's a top 20 guy at this juncture. Will have to dive deeper...

what does final score have to do with any of that?

if you are losing by 1 all game and score twice in the last minute did you win easily?

the question was are they an all time team.

up 1 score with 5 min to go with Ala is a struggle
losing mid 3rd to Aub is a struggle
up 14 mid 4th with Ol miss having the ball twice to cut it to 1 score is a struggle
losing mid 3rd to florida is a struggle
up 6 with 4 min to go vs texas is a struggle

are they an all time elite team? Dont see it. Are they one of the best offenses I think so. Crazy good WR and very good QB. But they would really struggle against some of the those elite teams on D. Maybe they just out score them.

To me they are what Florida was when Neb beat them in 1995 which won me a ton of money. Florida beat #8/21/7/6/23 that yr so they were pretty good too.

I dont think they handle some of those Miami/ Fl st teams because they are not physical enough

Still think they beat Clemson though. Clemson is not as goodthis yr i dont think, but if Clemson wins they get into the discussion for having done it over a period of time.

Everyone is loving LSU for good reason. This is feeling allot like the 88 world series Oakland (Eckersley) vs LA. I am making the call. Etienne player of the game. Clemson 31 LSU 24. Etienne 145 yards, 3 tds.
There was an excellent article in Football Scoop the other day going over NC games where a top ranked offense faces a top ranked defense. It turns out that the top ranked defensive teams have won consistently.

I think it happens again. Pretty cool to see the #1 offense play the #1 defense. Should be a great one.

Is that game tomorrow? I thought they played already.

LSU has always been my favorite SEC team by far and those Clemson boys are my favorite outside of SU so this game is pretty exciting for me. Want Clemson to win so SU can beat the defending champ at their place next season.

To answer the question, I think the winner may have a claim to a top 5 ever status. Clemson for the last 3 out of 4 championship years and LSU in 2019. Whoa nelly, outa be a good one.