If one thing could happen in my life | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If one thing could happen in my life

I'm not sure. How did we do after 2003? How did Yukon do after a few years ago?

We got Devendorf, Harris, Flynn, and Greene 2-4 years after the NC. Gotta think it helped. Those guys were in like 8th-10th grade when we won it.

Don't forget college basketball's version of Robinson and Duncan - Terrance Roberts and Daryl Watkins

On paper, those were great recruits. They just didn’t fully pan out that way.

If I recall, Watkins committed in spring 2003 sometime after the NC, so I’m thinking the NC was a factor.

Overall career was disappointing, but his senior year was the first time I felt like we had a legit “good” Center since Etan.

We got Devendorf, Harris, Flynn, and Greene 2-4 years after the NC. Gotta think it helped. Those guys were in like 8th-10th grade when we won it.
Sure it helped, but a couple years were washouts. 2004-the Wrights. 2006-Harris (who was never given credit) but also McBride and Mike Jones. 04 I would give a D minus and 06 I would give a D plus. The other years were good for the most part.

On paper, those were great recruits. They just didn’t fully pan out that way.

If I recall, Watkins committed in spring 2003 sometime after the NC, so I’m thinking the NC was a factor.

Overall career was disappointing, but his senior year was the first time I felt like we had a legit “good” Center since Etan.
I'll always remember them fondly for the 2006 Big East Tournament

Sure it helped, but a couple years were washouts. 2004-the Wrights. 2006-Harris (who was never given credit) but also McBride and Mike Jones. 04 I would give a D minus and 06 I would give a D plus. The other years were good for the most part.

Mike Jones was a top 50 recruit.

Josh Wright was too, or very close to it.

I'll always remember them fondly for the 2006 Big East Tournament

Same. Roberts played with a lot of heart with a bad knee. Those two were battling inside against UConn, who really had some horses.

Nah. Not sure I'd want us to win another championship.

Expectations would be too high the next year.

:rolleyes:

51DcEFBKhPL._SY445_.jpg

Loes famously said that he did not want to be a 20-game winner, "because then I'd be expected to do it every year". (Wikipedia)

If one thing could happen in my life … my children would grow up to be kind, wise and generous adults ... Oops, sorry, this is OT.

I'd like to get my own teeth back. Or, being regular without the use of prune juice.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I’m blushing
I'm not that fortunate but have great appreciation for Beadle. She's a stalwart SU fan, accomplished human, and a dearheart. The board has really drawn her out and she's a great community member with many admirers...myself included...

Winning Powerball one but that's a close 2nd. Its the one thing holding us back from being a blue blood.

You got that right. As soon as you win the powerball and figure out the blue blood system of making player payments without suspicion, then we will be a true blue blood.

I would want to see Boeheim win one more championship before he retires. I think I would literally drop down in tears haha. Anyone else?
I'd like to win another championship as a fan. Is it wrong that I could care less who our coach is that makes this happen?

Completely disagree. A national championship would only cement SU's commitment to the tavern-league zone and perpetuate the downward spiral this program is in.
NC and downward spiral - non sequitur.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom