If Oregon built a football palace for $68 million, what should Syracuse get for its $17 million? | Syracusefan.com

If Oregon built a football palace for $68 million, what should Syracuse get for its $17 million?

the numbers presented here, the 68 to 17 million $ comparison is misleading. Oregon spent 68 mil on the whole package, we are spending 17 mil just on the indoor practice space itself. If the new weight room, players lounge, locker room, etc., etc. were all included in what Syracuse has spent, the disparity would not be nearly as large. Oregon certainly has greater resources available thanks to Mr. Knight, there is no doubt that at this time we can not compete with that bank roll, but there are very few who can. I have read many posts asking if a new weight room or locker room, or other amenities were going to be included in the new facility. These upgrades have already been completed in and around the Manley Football Complex, there was absolutely no need to do them again. The local perception here is that we are really nickel and diming are way through these facilities wars, when the reality is that with the completion of the IPF, Syracuse will be solidly in the middle of the pack, which is great for a smallish, private university. We will not be at, or near the bottom as we were, or as many here locally perceive!

the numbers presented here, the 68 to 17 million $ comparison is misleading. Oregon spent 68 mil on the whole package, we are spending 17 mil just on the indoor practice space itself. If the new weight room, players lounge, locker room, etc., etc. were all included in what Syracuse has spent, the disparity would not be nearly as large. Oregon certainly has greater resources available thanks to Mr. Knight, there is no doubt that at this time we can not compete with that bank roll, but there are very few who can. I have read many posts asking if a new weight room or locker room, or other amenities were going to be included in the new facility. These upgrades have already been completed in and around the Manley Football Complex, there was absolutely no need to do them again. The local perception here is that we are really nickel and diming are way through these facilities wars, when the reality is that with the completion of the IPF, Syracuse will be solidly in the middle of the pack, which is great for a smallish, private university. We will not be at, or near the bottom as we were, or as many here locally perceive!
I totally agree . Our IPF should be on the higher end . Combine that with the other renovations and we will be sitting right in the middle of the pack. If they could improve anything I would want it to w a few bells and whistles added to the player lounge . This could be done extremely cheap in the large scope of things but could go a long way

I think the renderings of the IPF are great and represent a facility that is as good or better than most. SU can't compete money-wise with Nike-backed schools or huge state schools but they can be competitive overall with this facility functionally. I know some will disagree with this but I really an leery of getting kids who are going to college based on glitzy facilities. I prefer a kid who is mature enough to balance out academics and nice (not necessarily glitzy) facilities.

I totally agree . Our IPF should be on the higher end . Combine that with the other renovations and we will be sitting right in the middle of the pack. If they could improve anything I would want it to w a few bells and whistles added to the player lounge . This could be done extremely cheap in the large scope of things but could go a long way
Yep, TV's, electronics, and furniture cost a lot less than the building itself.