'If Parker didn't foul out duke wins easily' | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

'If Parker didn't foul out duke wins easily'

The bigger issue was that they had a circus midget guarding Grant in overtime because the bigs had fouled out. I know Parker isn't any great shakes defensively, burt it was on defense where the bigs fouling out hurt Duke.
We would have still pounded the inside and his fouling out was inevitable.

This game reminded me of the Pitt game for the fact we took a 7 point lead and I though we would run away with it. At that time Duke was 8-24 from three. They made 7 out of their last 12. This time Thornton played the roll of Patterson. I thought Jefferson killed us more than Parker for sure. Roc blocked Parker at least three times. Parker hasn't seen guys who could stop him at the rim all year until Saturday. You have to give our guys credit. He was clearly outplayed by grant in this game.

Yeah, but Pitt should have won, right?

If Parker doesn't foul out, they might score less because they would have gone to him some at least, thus fewer 3's. If he doesn't foul out, we were still going to keep the same offensive strategy, which was take it inside. He would have eventually fouled out anyways, otherwise play zero defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom