If Penn State wins the big 10 would the NCAA prohibit them from playing in the rose bowl? | Syracusefan.com

If Penn State wins the big 10 would the NCAA prohibit them from playing in the rose bowl?

discuss.

Yes, without a doubt. There has to be some sort of morals clause someplace in the NCAA rules.

nope...this is not an on field problem...NCAA has no jurisdiction here...however; PSU administration could decline on whatever grounds they choose...but will they hurt 50 players who had nothing to do with the incident

Under what reasoning could they block it? (that's on the books)

nope...this is not an on field problem...NCAA has no jurisdiction here...however; PSU administration could decline on whatever grounds they choose...but will they hurt 50 players who had nothing to do with the incident

how do you know the ncaa has no jurisdiction?

no and they shouldnt these kids had nothing to do with this.

Which division does PSU fit in and represent the best? Legends or Leaders?

I think they should play becouse the players had 0 to do with this. On the other hand depending how this plays out between now and then they could be asked/forced to say no for a couple reasons

1. Them playing in it ruins the integrity of the game/brand of the NCAA/B1G
2. Player safety becomes an issue(fans sometimes forget whos really at fault)

3. This one could be tough but the possible ridicule these guys could take going on the road might be to much and kinda goes with player safety. Holding up signs about tattoos and pay for play is one thing. You start going into pervert and pediphile stuff i could almost see them forefiting there season. I mean 17-20 year olds shouldn't be put into that type of storm. Not that fans are gonna be targeting players for those comments but the Figure head to all this is standing on there sideline. It just takes a few fans that dont take the players into consideration before chanting crap and making signs

Absolutely not. That would be completely ridiculous.

44cuse

So I guess everyone saying no has read the NCAA rulebook and any membership by laws and is sure there are no applicable morals clauses.

Sent from my DROIDX

The NCAA doesn't control the BCS games, so the answer is 'highly unlikely'.

However, I don't see why it isn't an NCAA matter. The alleged illegal activity took place at school sponsored football camps and during football practices. The lack of institutional control provision includes the following:
"The chief executive officer and other senior administrators make clear that they demand compliance with NCAA rules and that they will not tolerate those who deliberately violate the rules or do so through gross negligence."

The school's athletic leadership knew about said activity, did nothing about it, and endangered students and student athletes. I think there are general rules that would allow the NCAA rules to punish Penn St for the crimes committed by the AD and the SVP of Finance.

NO! Jesus now its going too far. None of the kids on the field did anything wrong, why should they be punished? This is about the AD, a retired ex-coach, and other highers ups at Penn St. Not about the team.

No -- these kids had nothing to do with this.

If they qualify, would they play? Maybe, maybe not. Will the NCAA prohibit them? No. 'Persuade' them not to play? Maybe.

No -- these kids had nothing to do with this.

At almost every school that gets punished by the NCAA and is banned from competition or losing scholies etc, it had nothing to do with current players.

no and they shouldnt these kids had nothing to do with this.

I agree these kids have nothing to do with it, but that seems to be the justification for not punishing anyone.

This story is a different level then other problems, but the only real power the ncaa has is to hurt the kids, students and schools by making it so these groups feel the pain of the misdeeds of the coaches. A loss of scholarships hurts, fans don't feel it and don't bring out the pitchforks. Hurting the kids will bring the outrage that might force a school to clean up its act.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

What Sandusky has allegedly irrepressible and he should be punished. As well as Curley and the money guy who perjured themselves. Joe Paterno HAS TO GO after this season, but to punish these kids on the field that have done ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong wouldn't be fair. Unlike the Miami, Ohio State, and even Baylor situations atleast 1 kid was involved in the illegal activity. This is a PURE criminal matter and has very little to do with the NCAA. I doubt Penn State will win 2 of their last 3 anyway Nebraska, @Ohio State, @Wisconsin they would need to get to the B1G championship game. Look for Ohio State to win their last 3 @Purdue, Penn State, @Michigan and Ohio State rather than Penn State to play in the B1G championship game.

Why punish innocent players, I really don't see the logic. I think penn state should donate all bowl money to a childrens shelter or the like.

Why punish innocent players, I really don't see the logic. I think penn state should donate all bowl money to a childrens shelter or the like.

Every single NCAA penalty ever placed upon a school has resulted in innocent players being punished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom