If Penn State wins the big 10 would the NCAA prohibit them from playing in the rose bowl? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If Penn State wins the big 10 would the NCAA prohibit them from playing in the rose bowl?

If they clean house with the coaching staff (fire everyone), then I will have no issues with them playing in the Rose Bowl.

The kids didn't do anything here, but the program did, and the program has to pay a price.

I feel much more sorry for the kids that were abused than the kids that might miss a Rose Bowl.

I'd like to think the players on the team would make some type of statement (action or words) to stand up for those who were abused, but given some quotes I've seen from general PSU students, I'm not sure anyone on that campus gets it.

Students are actually attaching their names to quotes in national papers defending the actions of JoePa. That is incredible. Wonder if they'll regret that when their potential employers run a google search.

This is the worst or 2nd worst (Baylor- it involved murder) scandal I've seen in college sports, significant prices must be paid.

No, but they might instruct the opposition to accidentally run into Paterno if he dares to show up on the sidelines.

Paterno isn't goin
No, but they might instruct the opposition to accidentally run into Paterno if he dares to show up on the sideline

I doubt Paterno will be coaching the Nebraska game to be frank...

Umm. Every other school that gets sanctions effects the current kids who had nothing to do with the scandal. Penn State has some serious considering to do as to how it can legitimately recover from this. This is a scandal that is unprecedented in this atmosphere of big time college athletics. The court of public opinion is so remarkably one-sided, the stain of this scandal will last forever and tarnish that institution, right or wrong, regardless of who is the President, Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator, playing Quarterback, etc. I honestly cannot fathom how they can continue as is, of course it punishes the current student athletes, but sorry... thats life.
Public opinion forces Linebacker U's hand in this. That goes for JoePa being toast, the univ. president getting let go and down the chain. There is going to be a serious investigation into this that will last much longer than anyone will realize. How a major D1 football program can manage to navigate through this colossal mess is yet to be seen.
I can't imagine the remarkable civil suit that could hold every person involved in the AD for the past 20 years held liable, the AG's office, the State of Pennsylvania will be held accountable.
They should dissolve the program, then rebuild it and take pride in rebuilding it.

This matter will be decided on the field. The Penn State players have just been gut punched by the very institution they represent. There is no way their heart can be into the game they play. In fact, if I were a player, I don't strap on another piece of Penn State gear until they clean house. Their season is for all intents and purposes over. I don't see them winning another game.

...on ESPNU...NCAA president says its a criminal issue...not on field issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom