If St. Peters goes to the Final Four... | Syracusefan.com

If St. Peters goes to the Final Four...

Where does that rank in terms of the most shocking sports moments of the past say 50 years? Is it up there with Buster Douglas over Tyson, the Miracle on Ice, etc.?
Tops both of them

Where does that rank in terms of the most shocking sports moments of the past say 50 years? Is it up there with Buster Douglas over Tyson, the Miracle on Ice, etc.?

One thing that is for sure- it is a huge knock to the argument of a P5/6 league being it's own separate thing. Not so much for those schools but just the tourney and college hoops in general.

The teams in the league are apples and they are oranges. Their makeup and style of play is unprecedented making it this deep.
This accomplishment will be tops if they hit final four just behind miracle on ice

Tops Douglas-Tyson...
It's much like the Miracle on Ice.
The standard is: No one conceived of it before it happened.

For boxing fans (especially those in Central NY)...it ranks with Canastota's Billy Backus winning the world welterweight title from Hall of Famer Jose Napoles back it 1970.
(Napoles had a career record of 81-7).

Tops Douglas-Tyson...
It's much like the Miracle on Ice.
The standard is: No one conceived of it before it happened.

For boxing fans (especially those in Central NY)...it ranks with Canastota's Billy Backus winning the world welterweight title from Hall of Famer Jose Napoles back it 1970.
(Napoles had a career record of 81-7).
I’m not sure there were odds on the Miracle on ice stuff, but I have read where some betting experts put them at around 10 or 15 to 1.

Billy Jean King beating Bobby Riggs was a pretty big upset.

Number 1 has to be Boeheim ever winning a single game given how terrible of a coach he is. Number 2 is probably miracle on ice, 3 is Rocky beating Drago.
No, no, no. Number 1 is undoubtedly a Boeheim-coached team ever losing a game, considering his recruiting prowess/hustle and his willingness to adapt coaching styles and schemes to maximize the strengths and abilities of the players on his rosters.

It’s huge. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think a #15 seed has ever won more than one game in the tournament. They rarely even win one game.

St. Peter’s getting to the Final Four would be the greatest modern college athletics run ever.

A 15 seed that has beaten a #2, #7, #3 and a blue blood that had beaten #1 and #4.

St. Peter’s would have to beat Duke.
I am rooting for St. Peter’s vs. Miami for the title.
I am expecting Kansas vs. Duke though.

Normally I have to admit I think you're a little quick to say something is the "greatest thing ever." But I don't think it would be an exaggeration in this case to say it's very close to the top in modern sports history.

St. Peter’s going to the Final Four would hardly cause a blip for people that don’t watch college basketball. That said, if they managed to win it all, it might be the greatest sports win of all time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom