If SU made any move- | Syracusefan.com

If SU made any move-

priestp

Scout Team
Would we be bound to the $50M exit fee?
Did TCU have to pay when they left before arriving?

I think our official entry date was July 1?

This could be important to wether or not we are going anywhere.

Would we be bound to the $50M exit fee?
Did TCU have to pay when they left before arriving?

I think our official entry date was July 1?

This could be important to wether or not we are going anywhere.

The Big East let TCU out of the exit fee.

ACC might do the same, might not. But even if they were inclined to do that for us, we still need an invite. And if the thinking is that somehow YES will bundle BTN with it in terms of New York with TW and Cablevision forced to take both, not sure our private institution in upstate New York looks as good as it did in 2010, when this wasn't option and the BiG was thinking adding ND, Maryland, RU, and SU to PSU, Michigan, and tOSU would accomplish this goal of getting the NYC-Baltimore-DC corridor.

Cheers,
Neil

TCU did not pay.

Methinks all 15 ACC schools are bound by the 3*annual payment (approx $50M, or more) exit fee.

lol some SU fans cannot ever get over that BIG 10 pipe dream
Not sure many SU fans have a pipe dream about playing in the B1G. At least I don't. We don't fit. At all. That being said, if SU were ever to get the phone call, we would have to listen, no? I think that was the point of the OP.

Not sure many SU fans have a pipe dream about playing in the B1G. At least I don't. We don't fit. At all. That being said, if SU were ever to get the phone call, we would have to listen, no? I think that was the point of the OP.
Fitting means nothing. Not anymore, at least. It may have more than a year ago, but right now, it's about getting the most money and not being in an unstable conference.

lol some SU fans cannot ever get over that BIG 10 pipe dream

At no point did I mention "dream" or the B1G.
I do not want to go to the B1G nor do I think we fit.
I was merely wondering wether or not we could wiggle out of the $50M should mass shuffling ensue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom