IF this happens, it should make Rutgers happy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

IF this happens, it should make Rutgers happy

No **** Kyle -- SU has had talks for quite sme time with the ACC as well as discussions with the B10. You think ND hasn't been making contingency plans? You don't think ND and company have looked under the hood to see what the ACC or B10 can offer?

I'm not going to flood this place with info, but if you're implying the B10 wants the BE to break up in order to force ND's hand, and ND is sitting there blindsided with their cocks in their hands wondering what happened, the you grossly underestimated ND. They've been game all along.

You know what? No need for the condescending tone. I was responding to the ridiculous idea that this somehow caught the Big Ten off guard. It doesn't matter whether Notre Dame has been trying to cover their bases; of course they have. But they saw the writing on the wall several weeks ago and anyone only needs to look at what is happening with their hockey program for evidence of that.

No need to take the 'I know something you don't' approach. I covered the Big Ten for several years and have plenty of my own info that I have elected not to flood message boards with. I stand behind my position.

people need to look at their hockey situation and it will tell you all you need to know about their ultimate plans for when this ends. Notre Dame started to see the writing on the wall several weeks ago.

English please Kyle? :confused: :)

SU and Pitt were NOT ahead of RU or Mis in this pecking order for the Big 10. The ACC is a different story.

RU/WV/and Pitt wanted to wait because knew that we would have had a BETTER deal then what was on the table at the time. If none of our teams jumped ship we were in a great postion to put ESPN and the major networks in a bidding war for our upcoming contract. Listen to the Louisville AD(Jurich) and his comments about being blindsided by Pitt/SU today. It was all about sticking together to make that happen and some schools might bail before that becomes reality.

Hope you read what Katz said tonight.

English please Kyle? :confused: :)

B10 formed their own hockey conference -- taking Mich, Mich St, Ohio St from the old CCHA, of which ND is a member, and Minny and Wiscy from the WCHA. They are also adding Penn State when they are finished completing their conversion to division 1 hockey.

ND is leaving the CCHA and looking at joining the newly formed NCHC (former WCHA powers Denver, North Dakota, Mimmy-Duluth, with a fee CCHA teams like MIami OH), the ECAC, or Hockey East.

I am not going to have a pissing match with you Bees but I know the truth and it has nothing to do with how smart I am or how smart you are...If the Big 10 wanted either Cuse or Pitt they would have gone after them when the ACC came sniffing(you really don't think they knew this was going on???).

Do you have any response to my original post?

I know the truth and you don't. NYAH-NYAH-NYAH-NYAH-NYAH :rolleyes:

is anyone really stoopid enough to think that maryland leaves for the b10??

seriously.

anyone??

A great many are. And you knew that- you've been reading these boards for years. Probably as many believe that as believe scenarios like BC, VT, FSU, Penn State and Miami coming to the BE. And reading their posts is part of the fun. Sad to see my Kaiser have a lapse in critical thinking like that.

The big questions I can't believe they aren't discussing are the where "traditional Eastern Independent rivals" like Army and Navy fit, when we can get UB, Army, Buffalo, Colgate, Cornell, and Albany in to an "Empire Division" of some conference, with annual games against ol' swell Fordham, and how this will affect recruiting in the Plattsburgh area.

1) I wouldn't be suprised to see Maryland/ND/RU/UConn or Mis in the Big 10 in the upcoming years...

2) The Big East was about to sign a BIGGER deal then the ACC and you have no clue what BC would have done after that. After all everyone knows the only reason they left was for the money/stability to begin with.

3) Like I said, with the collapse of the Big 12 coming and the impending TV deal the Big East was about to sign we were all in great shape to cash in big time. The grass isn't always greener...

The grass is always greener when Rutgers is not part of your life!!! BYE,BYE, NOW!

I have seen Rutgers and Uconn next to be added.So much rather have West Virginia.

B10 formed their own hockey conference -- taking Mich, Mich St, Ohio St from the old CCHA, of which ND is a member, and Minny and Wiscy from the WCHA. They are also adding Penn State when they are finished completing their conversion to division 1 hockey.

ND is leaving the CCHA and looking at joining the newly formed NCHC (former WCHA powers Denver, North Dakota, Mimmy-Duluth, with a fee CCHA teams like MIami OH), the ECAC, or Hockey East.

... which was supposed to be decided by their self-imposed deadline of more than a month ago. Now, even Western Michigan, who was publicly saying they would follow Notre Dame wherever it went, has interestingly said they will be going their own direction.

That's not a coincidence...