If this team wants any chance of a bowl | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If this team wants any chance of a bowl

Folks im not saying we are a bowl team. We play three straight dreadful teams at home if this team wants any chance of a competitive season they need to win all three.

yes but the home team is really dreadful

The next 3 are must win games.

1600555928958.gif

Answer the question. I don't think we are a bowl team. Our next three opponents suck.

Your thread title is asking if we want any chance of a bowl. Three games does not a bowl record make

Sure. These next three games are our chance to right the ship. Maybe the defense will shut somebody out. Maybe a shuffle in the O Line will give us a chance. Maybe TD will look like his redshirt freshman self again.
Lots of maybes still in play.

Folks im not saying we are a bowl team. We play three straight dreadful teams at home if this team wants any chance of a competitive season they need to win all three.
We know man.. but we just got our a$$es handed to us 2 weeks in a row and have shown to be one of the worst offenses playing... Emotions are running high right now... lets win A GAME first then we can talk bowl. I also watched the GT/UCF game.. right now GT beats us by two touchdowns maybe more... Yes we have been that bad on the offensive side of the ball

Our defense looks damn good, and it should continue to improve. Special teams are good again. If we got even average performance from our offense, we would be 2-0 right now. There’s hope to salvage this season, but only if the offense finds its footing.

Right now GTech is better.
Right now everyone in the ACC is better.
We lose these next 2-3 w/ maybe a victory over Liberty. Yes...we’re that bad, offensively.

I'll try to help

-There's still 9 games left this year, plenty of opportunities to improve
-Offense will get better when O-line gets healthier
-This isn't a throwaway season but with no bowl games likely to be played there isn't much to really accomplish outside of playing and getting better
-Winning 4 or 5 games can still be considered an improvement over last year IMO if you factor in schedule difficulty
-Recruiting class is an improvement from recent years with a lot of guys coming in on offense
-Most of the guys on offense will be returning next year.
-Off the field there's still things being done to help improve recruiting
Thank you

I'll try to help

-Defense has improved a lot and will give us a decent chance to win every game
-This isn't a throwaway season but with no bowl games likely to be played there isn't much to really accomplish outside of playing and getting better
-Winning 4 or 5 games can still be considered an improvement over last year IMO if you factor in schedule difficulty
-Recruiting class is an improvement from recent years with a lot of guys coming in on offense
-Most of the guys on offense wil be returning next year.
So who on the OL do we need to get healthy and who starting on the OL will get replaced. When Davis gets healthy-er, does Elmore sit or does Tisdale and does that really make the OL that much better?

Legitimate question.

If Elmore gets displaced from the OL, does he move back to fullback or H-Back...I know Dino loves the kid and so do I but I don't think he isn't on the field in some capacity.

OR does he move back to DL.

So who on the OL do we need to get healthy and who starting on the OL will get replaced. When Davis gets healthy-er, does Elmore sit or does Tisdale and does that really make the OL that much better?

Legitimate question.

If Elmore gets displaced from the OL, does he move back to fullback or H-Back...I know Dino loves the kid and so do I but I don't think he isn't on the field in some capacity.

OR does he move back to DL.

Both Davis's if healthy would be starting at LG and RG since Bleich is ineligible this year. I think Elmore would move back to that H-Back/FB position but he's looked ok at Guard so maybe he stays there if he keeps doing his job. But Red and Froumy(?) are also hurt at Tackle which isn't good for depth. I think Vettorollo can also see some improvement overall at Center.

Theoretically with a healthy O-line the runs up the middle should churn out more yards assuming the defense isn't outnumbering the O-line in the box. That helps sell the RPOs we run as well as create more manageable down and distances for the offense to convert. Right now with no running game and poor QB play, the offense is constantly in 3rd and long and that allows the defense to tee off constantly on Tommy and O-line.

If there was ever a time to go to 0-11 you might as well as do it when an empty stadium is not a measuring stick for the program.

At this point all I care about is a steady uptick in recruiting. Even if it’s only a 2-spot jump year over year relative to our conference standing I’ll take it as long as the trend continues.

I don’t think there will even be bowl games this year
We shouldn't be thinking about bowls at the beginning of the season. We should be thinking about building off our mistakes and working toward accomplishing something.Desert comes after the meal not before it.

I'll try to help

-Defense has improved a lot and will give us a decent chance to win every game
-Most of the guys on offense will be returning next year.
How does this not have 40 likes? Well said.

How does this not have 40 likes? Well said.

Haha people are still angry about the team understandably. Some will get more upbeat as the week goes along, and hopefully we see a different result on Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom