If you could add 1 recent player to this years team... | Syracusefan.com

If you could add 1 recent player to this years team...

Shark58

BANNED
who would you add that would bring the missing element to make this team a contender?

what-if-carmelo-and-fab-melo-played-on-the-same-team.jpg

[/woah]

Is senior year Rick Jackson recent enough?

thats actually who I would probably pick myself. I want depth at the 1, scoring from the 2 or wing but someone who can be the muscle down low, create shots & boards and let Rak stay at 5 (but be able to slide there as relief) would probably be the best role someone could play on this team.

Gotta be somebody who can score. Hard to pick anybody but Melo.

besides the obvious players... I'd love Kristof Ongenaet - someone to just do the dirty work, lead by example, dive on the floor, get bloodied and just generally do whatever needed to be done.

Dirty..

Agree 100% if it is a recent player. He'd solidify the 3 [not that Roberson won't prove capable, but right now he's an unknown]. Rangy defender in the zone. Experienced kid who can be a knock down shooter -- which is just what this team needs.

It's tempting to say Melo or MCW or some other superstar, but adding a player like Southerland would have a big impact on this year's team.

He takes more criticism on this board than perhaps any recent player other than Donte Green but I would love to have Dion Waiters on this team and have it be his team. Dude would be a highlight reel and lightning rod every night.

There is only one answer: Andy rautins
I would love to have Rautins on this team. I'd take Wes Johnson, too - give us another athletic wing and a proven shooter. He would work great alongside McCullough, I think.

I would say Dion the team needs a scorer and I guy that can get to the rim only concern would be a team chemistry thing

Craig Forth

Sets great screens, hustles, leader, 2 points and 2 rebounds per game, used to buy everyone food on his dime at kimmel...

ok, maybe not the best addition to the team...but I did get two free meals out of him while I was on campus.

I'm going with Southerland or Fab Melo. Dirty gives us a big scoring option while getting Roberson to the bench, Melo is big, amazing defense, moves Rak to the 4 and McCullough to the three with the biggest back line of the zone in Cuse history.

How far back can we go? Any of the great forwards. DC, Billy, JDubs, Hak, Melo ect. All of these guys slide Mike to the backcourt pretty much fulltime and some provide relief at the 5.

Melo is the obvious choice, but not only that this team needs posting up and strength in the paint on both sides of the ball, along with a go to guy, and some rebounding as well. Melo is more then above average in all of those qualities.

Although we could use a backup center we also could use a pf with some strength and toughness. I think Warrick could be a better choice then arinze or rick.

Last edited:
Personally, I would think Melo doesn't qualify as an anwser because that's the easy anwser. He was one of the best college players ever. Every team would kill to have him, he is a once in a generational player. therefore I believe you have to choose someone else, A player that comes around much more often. That's why I have to pick either Rautins or Wes Johnson. Initially I was all on Rautins when I opened this thread (kinda forgot about Wesley) but I think I have now talked myself into Wesley. If teams had to account for Wesley, I believe it would not only stretch the floor but give coooney more open looks. Coooney seems to knock down the open looks but struggle when teams lock in on him. I think Wesley could open up the floor for him and he would thrive in that situation. But this team has been missing a consistent 3pt threat for entirely way to long.

Wes Johnson would be perfect for this team. Can score, shoot from the perimeter, rebound. He'd allow Roberson to come off the bench giving us more depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom