If you could add 1 recent player to this years team... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you could add 1 recent player to this years team...

we dont have a backup center or a scoring option in the post. Fab would make this a top 10 team.

Fab would make most NCAAT teams a top 10 team. Some fans are still mad at him and refuse to remember how dominating he was as a sophomore. Yes people he was a dominating game changing big guy and that is super rare in college bball.

I know Fab isn't loved and I know why, but as a player he was really a great player. He was amazing in the middle of the zone and his offense was above acceptable. I can respect the hate he gets for off the court things but on the court he was he big east player of the year and probably the main cog of our great season.

This depends on what qualifies as recent. I'm guessing that means anything post national championship but Ideally past 5-6 seasons.
A consistent scoring threat with good defense... I'll pick DNIC

This depends on what qualifies as recent. I'm guessing that means anything post national championship but Ideally past 5-6 seasons.
A consistent scoring threat with good defense... I'll pick DNIC

Sorry, DNic was 7 years ago. Your answer is disqualified. You now have to accept Ross Diliegro instead.

DiLiegro-2.jpg

I don't regard Melo as recent - over 10 years ago now - my, where has the time gone?! I'd go with Wes Johnson as some others pointed out. Roberson has PF skills not SF skills. Wes would add the 2nd shooter we badly need and was a very good rebounder. No headcase like Fab either. Dion would be a great scorer but we already have players at the 2 that can ably play the position. What we're missing this year is a SF IMHO. Roberson doesn't have the skills and MG does but he's not the rebounder that Wes was and we need him to back up other spots as well.

There is only one answer: Andy Rautins

yup . . . lead guard skills, outstanding shooting, great zone defender, can play the 3 in a pinch: a player like Andy would give SU tremendous depth at all three perimeter positions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom