If you could add one player from another NCAA team to this Syracuse team whom you add | Syracusefan.com

If you could add one player from another NCAA team to this Syracuse team whom you add

Alsacs

Living Legend
Meaning what position are you most worried about in the case of foul trouble/injury. I am not thinking a Joel Embiid or Andruw Wiggins. I was looking at our roster and thinking about where our weaknesses could be exploded after reading that CBSSports article breaking down our team. The player I would add if I could to this Syracuse is Bryce Cotton from Providence. I have faith in Trevor Cooney as an all-ACC type player, but Cotton would be the perfect 2 guard for this team. Cooney has a 3 inch height advantage, but I think Cotton would be the perfect player for our team. It would allow Cooney to be the "heat-check" guy for Syracuse off the bench and be protection in case one of our guards got foul trouble. When I look at our roster I think the only weakness we have is no backup PG or depth at the guard position after Gbinjie for this season.

Zach LaVine would be the perfect guy to fill out a 3 guard rotation. Could back up both Ennis and Cooney, is already comfortable coming off the bench, has excellent length for the top of the zone, is an outstanding 3 point shooter (would give us 3 guards who all are shooting 40% or better from deep)

I'm tempted to say Hanlan from BC. I think he could handle the ball enough to give Ennis some rest and he would give SU another perimeter scorer. Also think he shows pretty good poise and might be a good chemistry mix with his fellow Canadian.

Another guy would be Connaughton from ND. More of a traditional 3 and he'd give SU another 3-pt threat.

if were talking guard, marcus smart. if were talking big, aaron gordon. they're simply that good.

If Xmas continues to emerge then Marcus Smart. He could play the 2 or 1

I'm not nearly as concerned about the backcourt situation as I was heading into the season.
Would be great to have another combo guard to spell Ennis / shooter, BUT I think I would go for a big, given Coleman's injury. Sign me up for Isiaiah Austin from Baylor. Perfect fit for our system athletically, and would provide us with some improved inside scoring.

I'm not nearly as concerned about the backcourt situation as I was heading into the season.
Would be great to have another combo guard to spell Ennis / shooter, BUT I think I would go for a big, given Coleman's injury. Sign me up for Isiaiah Austin from Baylor. Perfect fit for our system athletically, and would provide us with some improved inside scoring.
That dude has 1 eye. Incredible. But for a big id go embiid.

That dude has 1 eye. Incredible. But for a big id go embiid.

I thought the OP suggested not a star caliber player such as Embiid, hence why I excluded him.

Edit: reviewing the OP, I might have read too much into how he framed up that sentence.

Starts and ends with Embiid.
No question he is a difference maker. I don't think any of the top teams match up with him. The way he is progreessing he will be scary good by the middle of March.

Kaleb Tarczewski.

Would add a complete different weapon to our squad on offense

9245936.jpeg

This guy

I know who Michael Jackson would vote for... "You know Embiid, Embiid, Embiid... you know it!"

Rasheed Sulaimon - Duke. 6'4, shoots the 3 and perhaps would play better in the zone vs m2m.

We still have no room for error at the PG spot. I'd rather have a Josh Gasser than an Aaron Gordon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom