if you could have a beer with 1 former cuse player... | Syracusefan.com

if you could have a beer with 1 former cuse player...

Derek Brower, Andre Hawkins, or...Dave Bing

Coleman, afterwhich we'd fight the football team, just 'cuz.

When I worked for the NJ Nets back in the early 90s, I had beers with many of the players - including big name opponents such as Charles Barkley too.

We always went to Houlihans on Route 3 in Secaucus.

That said, I may have downed a few in the presence of Derrick Coleman who didn't seem nearly as "Pro-SU" as he is these days... He was kinda into himself and not that friendly back then.

Meanwhile, Rick Mahorn and Jayson Williams (yea that Jayson Williams) couldn't have been nicer.

Back then, Bill Rafferty often did the games with Ian Eagle on Sports Channel and they'd join us too... Needless to say, they loved talking Cuse.

EDIT: Spencer Ross also did play-by-play for those Nets teams. Not sure who was the most prominent announcer or who did majority of games, but I distinctly remember Spencer Ross in addition to Eagle and Raf.

I'm trying to weigh favorite players versus people who I think would be the most fun to be around. For favorites? Lazarus Sims, maybe G-Mac.

For who would be the most fun? Definitely a former walk on named McNabb. I get the feeling Scoop would be a fun dude to have a beer with, too.

If my wife was going to be there, it'd be either Kristof or Andy Rautins, since she had little crushes on both of them.

When I worked for the NJ Nets back in the early 90s, I had beers with many of the players - including big name opponents such as Charles Barkley too.

We always went to Houlihans on Route 3 in Secaucus.

That said, I may have downed a few in the presence of Derrick Coleman who didn't seem nearly as "Pro-SU" as he is these days... He was kinda into himself and not that friendly back then.

Meanwhile, Rick Mahorn and Jayson Williams (yea that Jayson Williams) couldn't have been nicer.

Back then, Bill Rafferty often did the games with Ian Eagle on Sports Channel and they'd join us too... Needless to say, they loved talking Cuse.

I also met Derrick Coleman at that Houlihans in Secaucus.

DC - would love to have a beer with that guy now with his current perspective on life being a former star, NBA player and now huge fan

Sonny Spera...

I want to know why I was black-balled from joining his fanclub.

I know he isn't a former player, but is nobody going to say Bernie Fine? Anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom