If you had told me before the game... | Syracusefan.com

If you had told me before the game...

Eric15

Living Legend
That Tyus and Elijah would combine for 4-22 from the field, I'll be honest I would have been very concerned.

Our portfolio is much more diversified this year than last. It was almost impossible for us to win games last year if Battle and Howard were cold.

That Tyus and Elijah would combine for 4-22 from the field, I'll be honest I would have been very concerned.

Our portfolio is much more diversified this year than last. It was almost impossible for us to win games last year if Battle and Howard were cold.
You weren't concerned when Pitt brought it to a one possession game. We almost gave this game away. Pitt was much more aggressive than we were in the 2nd half.

The Oshae we saw tonight is going to be huge for us moving forward. He has been going to the hoop more and settling for the jumper less and the results have been a huge plus. Nice to get a road win with two pf our stars having off nights.

Agreed. This team, is indeed a TEAM. Loving it!!

Really good feeling to win any ACC road game.

After the Georgia Tech game, I'd add any ACC game. Actually, this season...ok, I'm going to stop myself before any more examples, because I want to focus on feeling good, lol.

The officials allowed Pitt to mug their way back into that game.

I thought the officiating was fine tonight. Fouls were 17-17 and it's very rare for a ref to have the courage to call an offensive foul on a Reggie Miller leg kick. 95% of officials make the safe call and that's a 4 point play against us.

I thought the officiating was fine tonight. Fouls were 17-17 and it's very rare for a ref to have the courage to call an offensive foul on a Reggie Miller leg kick. 95% of officials make the safe call and that's a 4 point play against us.
Yes, but they didn't call it until our coaches pointed it out to the refs so they were ready for it the second time. They had no choice.

Agree on the kick, but I thought it was equally bad on both sides.

Although, I guess that's not such a bad thing. Consistency is all you can ask for.

In this case, I thought it was consistently bad.

They only called that because JB was on the officials for missing that call the first time. And as others have pointed out, they allowed all kinds of contact against Howard in particular during Pitt's run to get back in the game. I rarely comment on officiating, but these guys were brutal in the second half.

What does the foul ratio have to do with how well things were officiated? If one team is mugging the other then the calls should be lopsided not even.

Can I count on you to remind other posters of this the next time there is a negative foul disparity against us and it’s primarily because we are settling for jumpers and not creating fouls for ourselves?

Strongly disagree. Calling equal fouls doesn’t translate into a well officiated game. The refs were horrendous and the vast majority of the calls favored Pitt.

Frank kept getting mugged and it was never called. That 3 leg kick call was atrocious. Marek kept breathing on guys and getting fouls called on him.

If the game was called “fairly” it should have been about 25 fouls called on Pitt and less than 15 on SU.

And no, this isn’t because of orange colored glasses.

If you're claiming ratio signifies fine officiating, then you might want to consider that the ratio was 17-13 prior to Pitt needing to foul 4 times to stop the clock. And in this game, we shot less 3's than our average attempts per game, so it's not like we were settling for jumpers all night.

It’s almost like since the Duke win we’ve turned into a team again.

I’m enjoying it immensely.

If you're claiming ratio signifies fine officiating, then you might want to consider that the ratio was 17-13 prior to Pitt needing to foul 4 times to stop the clock. And in this game, we shot less 3's than our average attempts per game, so it's not like we were settling for jumpers all night.

This is perhaps the FIRST SU-Pitt game that I’ve ever watched that I had ZERO complaints about the officiating.

I’m as shocked as you are. I can’t explain it either.

Strongly disagree. Calling equal fouls doesn’t translate into a well officiated game. The refs were horrendous and the vast majority of the calls favored Pitt.

Frank kept getting mugged and it was never called. That 3 leg kick call was atrocious. Marek kept breathing on guys and getting fouls called on him.

If the game was called “fairly” it should have been about 25 fouls called on Pitt and less than 15 on SU.

And no, this isn’t because of orange colored glasses.

Yep, I thought one of the reasons to play zone was less fouls yet we were even with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom