If you were starting an NFL franchise... | Syracusefan.com

If you were starting an NFL franchise...

jekelish

Living Legend
...and could pick any player in the league to build the team around, you'd take Aaron Rodgers 10 times out of 10, right? I mean, is there any other option at this point?

He is video game good. It's just absurd. 11-of-15, 234 and 3 TD in the first half today. Best QB in the league.

Rodgers slipped to the 24th pick in the 2005 draft.

Alex Smith was the #1 pick that year by the Niners. Oops.

...and could pick any player in the league to build the team around, you'd take Aaron Rodgers 10 times out of 10, right? I mean, is there any other option at this point?

He is video game good. It's just absurd. 11-of-15, 234 and 3 TD in the first half today. Best QB in the league.
Tom Brady is the best QB in the league. If you watched the last drive on Sunday it's not even a debate.

Clearly it is a debate, because I disagree. At this point, I'd take Aaron Rodgers every day of the week.

Clearly it is a debate, because I disagree. At this point, I'd take Aaron Rodgers every day of the week.
I'd love to see Aaron Rodgers try to make even 2 of those throws Brady made on Sunday.

Tom Brady is the best QB in the league. If you watched the last drive on Sunday it's not even a debate.

Come on man, not even a debate?

I'm obviously just as biased as you are, but I wouldn't say that arguing Rodgers > Brady is "undebatable". They're definitely one and two at this point, but you can make the argument for either one.

Come on man, not even a debate?

I'm obviously just as biased as you are, but I wouldn't say that arguing Rodgers > Brady is "undebatable". They're definitely one and two at this point, but you can make the argument for either one.
Obviously over dramatic, Dan. But seriously, I'd love to see Brady with Greg Jennings on the Pats.

My point being if him and Rodgers had the same weapons Brady would be better...

:cool:

Are you insinuating that Jennings, Finley, Driver, Jones, Jordy and Cobb are better than Welker, Branch, Gronk, Hernandez, Ochocinco, and Woodhead? I mean, I would agree, but I'm surprised you seem to feel the disparity is that big.

Are you insinuating that Jennings, Finley, Driver, Jones, Jordy and Cobb are better than Welker, Branch, Gronk, Hernandez, Ochocinco, and Woodhead? I mean, I would agree, but I'm surprised you seem to feel the disparity is that big.
Ocho and Woodhead have done nothing this year. Law Firm's good but won't break a big run anytime soon. We don't have a receiver capable of stretching the field like Jennings now though. Plus the Pack's D is miles ahead of the Pats. Packers have a better team, Pats have a better QB.

Ocho and Woodhead have done nothing this year. Law Firm's good but won't break a big run anytime soon. We don't have a receiver capable of stretching the field like Jennings now though. Plus the Pack's D is miles ahead of the Pats. Packers have a better team, Pats have a better QB.

Well I agree with one of those two statements at the end. I'll make that trade either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I agree with one of those two statements at the end. I'll make that trade either way.

Patriots have a better team, Patriots have a better QB? Is that what you were going for?

Patriots have a better team, Patriots have a better QB? Is that what you were going for?

You caught me.

Where are we watching XLVI?

I'd say apart from Jennings, the Pats probably have at least as much talent as the Packers in terms of weapons, and in terms of productivity even he's not that much of a step up from Welker (I know they bring different skill sets, but still).

Bottom line, Rodgers is insanely good, and about THAT there can be no debate.

I'd say apart from Jennings, the Pats probably have at least as much talent as the Packers in terms of weapons, and in terms of productivity even he's not that much of a step up from Welker (I know they bring different skill sets, but still).

Bottom line, Rodgers is insanely good, and about THAT there can be no debate.
I love Rodgers as well, think he's in the upper echelon of the league with Brady (and Manning last year). I'll tell you what though, Sanchize is making his claim tonight for best in the league...

Put me under center against the Dolphins and you could argue I'm the best in the league.

I would take Brady, but there wasn't anything Brady did that drive that Rogers isn't capable of. After that Week 1 game against the Saints I remember being at work the next day talking about some of those passes Rogers made to Finley with Roman Harper defending - perfect placement every time. Each one just outside the reach of Harper's outstretched fingertips.

Even that TD pass by Brady (I assume that's one of the "two throws" you're referencing) was more of a "how did that not get deflected" than it was a perfect throw. Defender was right there, not sure how he missed it tbh, he definitely had a chance to make a play on the ball.

Maybe I'd take Rodgers due to age, but otherwise, I still go with Brady with his track record. Kind of surprised anyone would say it's not a debate though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom