If you're going to run out the clock... | Syracusefan.com

If you're going to run out the clock...

dcorangeMEN

Walk On
Why not let Morris run out the kickoff? I think running out the clock in the first half was the right move but if you already decided to do that why not tell Morris to run it out no matter what? If he gets tackled at the 10 yd line so what? Maybe he breaks one and we get great field position and can work to at least get a field goal. Morris only had two returns and both looked good. Lets give him a chance to do something special to end a bad offensive half...

Why not let Morris run out the kickoff? I think running out the clock in the first half was the right move but if you already decided to do that why not tell Morris to run it out no matter what? If he gets tackled at the 10 yd line so what? Maybe he breaks one and we get great field position and can work to at least get a field goal. Morris only had two returns and both looked good. Lets give him a chance to do something special to end a bad offensive half...

I doubt they told Morris anything. If he had thought there was a play to be made, he would have tried it. if he got us out to the 40 i bet we would have attempted to move the ball forwards.

But supposing they told him don't bring it out, it's probably because they didn't want to risk a TO that would have destroyed any sort of momentum we still had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom