IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fourth Look 050218 | Syracusefan.com

IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fourth Look 050218

orange79

Internet Sleuth

Syracuse remains the only team with 2 Top 5 wins (Duke, Notre Dame). According to IL, SU is the #9 seed, regardless of travel requirements.

4 ACC teams, 3 Ivy (yes, Penn is in), 2 BiG, 2 BE.

SidelineSwap Bracketology: Men's Division I, Fourth Look

Edit: After looking at the field more closely, there is obviously some review that needs to be done here. IL has gotten it wrong.

In order for Penn to qualify (currently they are 7-7), they would need to beat Yale. But IL has Yale as the #3 seed as the Ivy AQ. It can't be both.
upload_2018-5-2_18-21-19.gif

Last edited:

This is the response I got when I said something about it.
I responded on the IL site in the comments section. Terry Foy responded the same way. I have no problem with the seeding and/or the inclusion of Penn, but don't call Yale the Ivy AQ if you're going to include Penn. They both can't happen. I understand their 'reasoning' (not projecting out who is going to win games), but that's just silly. They are projecting something that cannot happen.
upload_2018-5-3_8-22-13.gif

This is the response I got when I said something about it.
Can't stand that guy (Pat McEwen) - self important moron. I looked at his "analytics" and they are complete BS. He pirated the algorithm from MLB and tries to fit it into college lacrosse by incorporating factors that are begin with subjective assumptions about RPI and SOS. Then as the games are played his 'analytics' become nothing more than a way of tracking what has already happened. Check out what he was saying about Vermont after the first month of the season (before dropping 3 of their next 6). Then he managed to hop on the Cornell bandwagon after they beat Syracuse in mid April. Ignorance is bliss - but in his world it's a way of life.

If I was you, I would wear that snide response like a badge of honor.

This bracket is worse that absolute garbage. It smacks seriously of doing one for click bait and being able to say they did one. The need to go out on a limb - either say Penn is going to beat Yale or say Yale or the two others will win the AQ. And if you say Yale will get the AQ, Penn is out.

This bracket is worse that absolute garbage. It smacks seriously of doing one for click bait and being able to say they did one. The need to go out on a limb - either say Penn is going to beat Yale or say Yale or the two others will win the AQ. And if you say Yale will get the AQ, Penn is out.

I don't quite get the love for Penn. Sure they beat Duke two months ago and have a nice win against Bucknell (who isn't going to qualify) but they've been fading down the stretch.

I responded on the IL site in the comments section. Terry Foy responded the same way. I have no problem with the seeding and/or the inclusion of Penn, but don't call Yale the Ivy AQ if you're going to include Penn. They both can't happen. I understand their 'reasoning' (not projecting out who is going to win games), but that's just silly. They are projecting something that cannot happen. View attachment 127654
Why not just make Cornell the Ivy winner and call it a day. Their response makes them look like fools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom