IL Bracketology - Second Look 4/18/19 | Syracusefan.com

IL Bracketology - Second Look 4/18/19

orange79

Internet Sleuth
IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Second Look

SU falls to the 5 seed, hosting - you guessed it - Cornell. :rolleyes:

5cb8acac1d801.png

Penn is #2 in RPI, and have a top 5 win over Yale and top 20 wins over Cornell and Nova.

Strangely enough, no one has more than 1 top 5 win.

I would argue Cornell has the best 3 since all 4 of theirs are top 5..

I'm torn between seeing this as good news since Cornell is not looking that impressive and we beat them without much trouble/ we know their various schemes, or bad news since- ... damn I'm just tired of seeing them play Cornell in the dome!

I'm torn between seeing this as good news since Cornell is not looking that impressive and we beat them without much trouble/ we know their various schemes, or bad news since- ... damn I'm just tired of seeing them play Cornell in the dome!

The fact that Syracuse manhandled them a couple of weeks ago is exactly why I don't want to see them again because there is no way they can play that bad again. And while I don't think overall they are a great team, their offense can be scary good!

that was the worst shooting night for cornell in about 3-4 yrs..

The fact that Syracuse manhandled them a couple of weeks ago is exactly why I don't want to see them again because there is no way they can play that bad again. And while I don't think overall they are a great team, their offense can be scary good!

that was the worst shooting night for cornell in about 3-4 yrs..

All true about their potential, but Desko seems to do well with coaches and scouting reports he has seen in the past. Cornell has basically the exact same offensive personnel as last year and we have improved against them in each of the three games we have played. Also there are some definite things going into the matchup. Their struggles at the faceoff x are not going to suddenly improve, unlikely their close D will suddenly have an answer for Rehfuss in the 1v1 matchup although they may work on some quick slides and things of that nature. I would feel better about playing them than a team like Towson for instance.

I could easily be wrong, but there kinda sorta seems to be a slight little disconnect between the NCAA Top 10 and the IL bracket even before they botch the number of flights.

Penn is #2 in RPI, and have a top 5 win over Yale and top 20 wins over Cornell and Nova.

Strangely enough, no one has more than 1 top 5 win.
This is no longer true (heading into today's PSU/Hop game).

PSU has 2 top 5 wins: Penn and MD. Penn now has no top 5 wins (Yale dropped to #7).

SU's resume took a slight hit despite the big win on the road over Navy. We are now #6 in the RPI and no longer a top 5 win for anyone (UVa, ND). We have 1 top 5 win (Duke), and 4 top 20 wins (Army, Cornell, Hop, and UNC (Rutgers dropped to #23).

Dammit, I want that UVa game back. But if we take care of business against UNC (again), we'll get a second chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom