IL Preseason Media Poll | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

IL Preseason Media Poll

I disagree, he got to go against Penn State, Ohio State and Hopkins twice last year all of which were hardly defensive juggarnauts.
All of those teams had a quality defenseman, that they could put on Zawada. There is a big difference between those 3 teams' defenses and the ones at Bellarmine or Detroit Mercy.

I know you’re just messing around it’s all good!
I was more upset with Nazlax saying I was trolling.
I was just stating facts in my post. I noticed they had Zawada with 11 points in the Big Ten offensive player of the week awards, and was correcting my posting that he had 10 previously.
Then I noticed MIchigan plays Holy Cross next and mentioned it. Michigan finishes off February with Canisius and Cleveland State. Zawada scored 39 points in 12 games last year. He seems to be in range of matching that total just in February this year.

I was just stating facts in my post. I noticed they had Zawada with 11 points in the Big Ten offensive player of the week awards, and was correcting my posting that he had 10 previously.
Then I noticed MIchigan plays Holy Cross next and mentioned it. Michigan finishes off February with Canisius and Cleveland State. Zawada scored 39 points in 12 games last year. He seems to be in range of matching that total just in February this year.
if you're an outsider, this is par for the course. kinda like rules about you being able to say anything about family but if others do, you better be ready to put dukes up. as you already well know!
i'm kinda surprised i haven't caught the same since early last spring. because i know it's coming.

if you're an outsider, this is par for the course. kinda like rules about you being able to say anything about family but if others do, you better be ready to put dukes up. as you already well know!
i'm kinda surprised i haven't caught the same since early last spring. because i know it's coming.

You mess with the JHU and Rutty guys on fanlax so we give you more of a pass.

You were and you have been recently. I’m not going to actually click the ignore button (because doing so screws up how the thread looks and reads), but I am going to follow the spirit of the advice above and simply ignore you.

Zach80 - why don't we revisit our friend Zawada after the Delaware, Harvard, Notre Dame stretch? Those three teams have challenging defenses that should pose more of a problem than his next few games. I think most attackmen from an ACC/Big 10/Ivy League team could score 10 points against Michigan's last two opponents.

I like the differing opinions that get raised here, especially since posters like Zach and wgdsr are respectful and insightful. I don't think this forum would be much fun if we constantly patted each other on the backs and agreed about everything. Plus we seem to avoid a lot of name calling and general descents into madness that occur on fanlax and some other boards.

Zach80 - why don't we revisit our friend Zawada after the Delaware, Harvard, Notre Dame stretch? Those three teams have challenging defenses that should pose more of a problem than his next few games. I think most attackmen from an ACC/Big 10/Ivy League team could score 10 points against Michigan's last two opponents.

I like the differing opinions that get raised here, especially since posters like Zach and wgdsr are respectful and insightful. I don't think this forum would be much fun if we constantly patted each other on the backs and agreed about everything. Plus we seem to avoid a lot of name calling and general descents into madness that occur on fanlax and some other boards.

Agreed, always good to get non-SU fans takes on the team and D1 lax in general. I also like how this board can incorporate non SU fans into regular discussions, very rarely see that on other boards.

That is easier for you to do than I, with my being a Big Ten fan. While I realize that weekly awards count for little, Zawada has won the offensive player of the week the first 2 weeks, with his 10 and 11 point outbursts against weak teams. Meanwhile, Wisnauskas had 8 pts against a decent High Point team and 6 against a top ten Loyola team. Now MIchigan plays another weak team, while UMd plays Syracuse. Most of the other Big Ten teams play quality opponents: OSU at UNC, Loyola at Hopkins, and Army at Rutgers. I think 6 or 7 points against these type of opponents is as good as 10 against a weak team. I sort of wonder how long the people naming the Big Ten honors are going to kowtow to Conry's creampuff February scheduling.

I guess I'm just chopped liver. :(

;)

At 2:31 the right foot touched the crease - so no goal.
the guy's video gets some of it. firstly, it's to be expected the timing of the goal, stakes, and egregiousness of the call warrant some uprising. those refs should have to do a 2 year playoff pennance minimum.

that said:
- there was not 1, but 2 violations missed on umd goals to balance out the "goals that shouldn't count" with the va offsides. demaio? stepped in the crease prior to receiving a pass from up top. it was just a show.
- never once have i heard a terp say "granted, bernhardt got away with stepping in the crease on an identical superman play vs towson the week prior. allowing us to win in ot and be there in the 1st place."
- why did they call this a goal? also never mentioned, and whatever location this was it's like they strung up 3 mm nets for the game. they were shaking all day if the goalie wrapped the post, held the post, anything disrupted it. made everything look like a goal. that's no excuse for the refs bungling a ball flying out of there. but that's why imo they called it one.

same thing happened to a team i coach in tight game. also a 1 goal out of state game where ball went thru top corner late game, ref put his hand thru to verify, and still disallowed it. lost by one. ish happens.

the guy's video gets some of it. firstly, it's to be expected the timing of the goal, stakes, and egregiousness of the call warrant some uprising. those refs should have to do a 2 year playoff pennance minimum.

that said:
- there was not 1, but 2 violations missed on umd goals to balance out the "goals that shouldn't count" with the va offsides. demaio? stepped in the crease prior to receiving a pass from up top. it was just a show.
- never once have i heard a terp say "granted, bernhardt got away with stepping in the crease on an identical superman play vs towson the week prior. allowing us to win in ot and be there in the 1st place."
- why did they call this a goal? also never mentioned, and whatever location this was it's like they strung up 3 mm nets for the game. they were shaking all day if the goalie wrapped the post, held the post, anything disrupted it. made everything look like a goal. that's no excuse for the refs bungling a ball flying out of there. but that's why imo they called it one.

same thing happened to a team i coach in tight game. also a 1 goal out of state game where ball went thru top corner late game, ref put his hand thru to verify, and still disallowed it. lost by one. ish happens.
A measured response. That’s why you don’t get hassled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom